$noData = true;

}

// require the connection settings

require_once("path);

// set up the access

$conn = access();

if ($conn->error)
{

echo "There is an error with conn: " . $conn->errno . "Reason: " . $conn->error;

}

$query1 = "SELECT `a`.`post_id`, `a`.`user_id`, `a`.`author_id`, `a`.`author_name`, `a`.`date_posted`, `a`.`author_email`, `a`.`category_id`, `a`.`title`, `a`.`post_body`, `a`.`tags`, `a`.`info` FROM `posts` `a` WHERE `a`.`post_id` = ? AND `a`.`title` = ? LIMIT 1";

if ($stmt1 = $conn->prepare($query1))
{

// bind the parameters

$stmt1->bind_param('is', $newID1, $newTitle1);

$newID1 = $postID;
$newTitle1 = $title;

if ($stmt1->execute())
{

// bind the result

$stmt1->bind_result($postIDNULL, $userIDNULL, $authorIDNULL, $authorNULL, $dateNULL, $emailNULL, $catIDNULL, $newsTitle, $bodyNULL, $newsTags, $newsInfo);

$stmt1->fetch();

// printf ("Errors on the first statement %s\n", $stmt->error);

?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>

<head>

<title><?php echo $newsTitle . " -- Ultimate Hogwarts: The Rebirth"; ?></title>

<link href="/css/general2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="/css/uslists.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="/css/test.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $newsTags; ?>">
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $newsInfo; } $stmt1->close(); } ?>">
<?php // include the remaining meta information
include_once("../includes/meta_info.html");
?>

</head>

<body>

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="headers">

<div id="header1"></div>

<div id="header2"></div>

</div>

<div id="navigation">

<!-- Begin Navigation Menu -->

<?php // include the navigation menu

include_once("../includes/navigation2.html"); ?>

<!-- End Navigation Menu -->

</div>

<div id="right">

<p>Hello!</p>

</div>

<div align="center" id="center">

<table>

<?php

// write the query

// REMEMBER JEFFREY: WHEN USING INNER JOIN IN A SQL QUERY, BOTH THE MYSQL FIELD AND PREFIX NEED TO BE TICKED AND DOTTED, AS SO: `a`.`username`

$query2 = "SELECT `a`.`post_id`, `a`.`author_id`, `a`.`author_name`, DATE_FORMAT(`a`.`date_posted`, '%W, %M %d %Y %l:%i %p'), `a`.`author_email`, `a`.`category_id`, `c`.`category_name`, `a`.`title`, `a`.`post_body` FROM `posts` `a` WHERE `a`.`post_id` = ? AND `a`.`title` = ? INNER JOIN `categories` `c` ON `a`.`category_id` = `c`.`category_id` LIMIT 1";

if ($stmt2 = $conn->prepare($query2))
{

// bind the parameters

$stmt2->bind_param('is', $newID2, $newTitle2);

$newID2 = $postID;
$newTitle2 = $title;

if ($stmt2->execute())
{

// bind the results

$stmt2->bind_result($post_id, $author_id, $author, $date, $email, $catID, $category, $newNewsTitle, $body);

printf("Errors on the second statement %s\n:", $stmt2->error);

while ($stmt2->fetch())
{

echo "<tr><td><b>$newNewsTitle</b></td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td><b>Posted By:</b> $author on $date in $category</td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td>$body</td></tr>";

}

}

$stmt2->close();

}

$conn->commit();

$conn->close();

?>

</table>

<?php if ($noData == true) { echo "<p align='center' class='warning'>There is no data.</p>"; } ?>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

<?php

require_once("path");

require_once("path");

require_once("path");

$conn = access;

$query = "SELECT `a`.`post_id`, `a`.`author_id`, `a`.`author_name`, DATE_FORMAT(`a`.`date_posted`, '%W, %M %d %Y %l:%i %p'), `a`.`author_email`, `a`.`category_id`, `c`.`category_name`, `a`.`title`, `a`.`post_body` FROM `posts` `a` INNER JOIN `categories` `c` ON `a`.`category_id` = `c`.`category_id` ORDER BY `a`.`date_posted` DESC LIMIT 4";

?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>

<head>

<title>Rebirth Test Page</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="harry potter,hogwarts,hogwarts rpg,hogwarts online,jk rowling">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache">

<style type="text/css">

#news
{ margin-bottom: 20px;
}

div.extra
{ margin-bottom: 20px;
}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="headers">

<div id="header1"></div>

<div id="header2">

</div>

</div>

<div id="navigation">

include("../includes/navigation2.html"); ?>

</div>

<div id="right">

<p>Hello!</p>

</div>

<div id="welcome">

<p>Welcome to Ultimate Hogwarts: The Rebirth! Ultimate Hogwarts is an online Hogwarts Role Playing Game where fans
of the Harry Potter books can create their own character, attend Hogwarts, visit the Ministry of Magic, or just
interact with other characters in our story! If you would like to know more about this site, please visit the Rules
page and FAQ page. Once you're ready to enroll, you can go to the Character Applications forum at our message board
and begin getting your character approved.</p>

</div>

<table id="news">

<?php

if ($stmt = $conn->prepare($query))
{

if ($stmt->execute()) {

$stmt->bind_result($postID, $authorID, $author, $date, $email, $catID, $category, $title, $body);

while ($stmt->fetch())
{

echo "<div class='extra'>";

echo "<tr class='title'><td><a href='/test/show_news.php?postID={$postID}&title={$title}'>" . strip_tags($title, '<p><br><a><b><i>') . "</a></td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td><b>Posted By: " . strip_tags($author, '<p><br><a><b><i>') . " on " . $date . " in " . strip_tags($category, '<p><br><a><b><i>') . "</b></td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td>" . BBCODE(truncate(strip_tags($body, '<p><br><a><b><i>'))) . "</td></tr></div>"; } $stmt->close(); } else { echo "Statement doesn't execute"; } } else { echo "Statement isn't prepared."; } $conn->close();

/*var_dump($query);*/ ?>

</table>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Okay. The top script is the page that should be getting the the information, and the bottom script contains the URL that supplies the information. However, for some reason, whether you visit the top script alone or via the URL, nothing is output. Not even the errors from the debugging IF statements output. I think it's a problem with $_GET, but I'm not sure.

Also, in the top script: The reason I have two queries is because I need some of the data out of MySQL before the other data. I would just use one query, however, I was unsure as to how to do that without echoing out a new HTML document with each time the loop goes through, or else only if the IF statement results to true. If you have any advice as to how to remedy this, I'd appreciate it.

FWDrew
12-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Just from a quick glance and thanks to the syntax highlighting of the forum, I noticed:

require_once("path);

In which you missed a quotation mark, see if that helps at all. :)

If not I am sure some of the more experienced php members can weigh in.

Best Regards,

Drew

PappaJohn
12-06-2008, 03:43 AM
In addition to what FWDrew mentioned, you are missing a closing curly bracket:

if ($stmt1->execute())
{

// bind the result

$stmt1->bind_result($postIDNULL, $userIDNULL, $authorIDNULL, $authorNULL, $dateNULL, $emailNULL, $catIDNULL, $newsTitle, $bodyNULL, $newsTags, $newsInfo);

$stmt1->fetch();

}

?>

Also, I believe you mean:

if (count($_GET) == 0)

Joseph Witchard
12-06-2008, 05:22 AM
That fixed part of it:) It's now echoing out $noData if you go to the page without supplying the GET information. However, if you do supply the GET information, nothing is output. Thanks for the help:) What should I do next?

PappaJohn
12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Post your code with the changes you've made.

Joseph Witchard
12-06-2008, 08:14 PM
<?php // let's go!

// get the news!

$postID = $_GET['postID'];
$title = $_GET['title'];

// make sure that GET is set

if (!isset($_GET['postID']) || !isset($_GET['title']))
{

// if not, display an error

die('There is no data.');

}

// require the connection settings

require_once("../includes/S_conn.php");

// set up the access

$conn = sAccess();

// var_dump($conn);

if ($conn->connect_error)
{

echo "There is an error with conn: " . $conn->connect_errno . "Reason: " . $conn->connect_error;

die();

}

$query1 = "SELECT `a`.`post_id`, `a`.`user_id`, `a`.`author_id`, `a`.`author_name`, `a`.`date_posted`, `a`.`author_email`, `a`.`category_id`, `c`.`category_name`, `a`.`title`, `a`.`post_body`, `a`.`tags`, `a`.`info` FROM `posts` `a` INNER JOIN `categories` `c` ON `a`.`category_id` = `c`.`category_id` WHERE `a`.`post_id` = ? AND `a`.`title` = ? LIMIT 1";

{

// var_dump($query1);

// bind the parameters

$newID1 = $postID;
$newTitle1 = $title;

if ($stmt1->execute())
{

// bind the result

$stmt1->bind_result($postIDNULL, $userIDNULL, $authorIDNULL, $authorNULL, $dateNULL, $emailNULL, $catIDNULL, $category, $newsTitle, $bodyNULL, $newsTags, $newsInfo);

$stmt1->fetch();

?>

<html>

<head>

<title><?php echo $newsTitle . " -- Ultimate Hogwarts: The Rebirth"; ?></title>

<link href="/css/general2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="/css/uslists.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $newsTags; ?>">
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $newsInfo; } else { echo "No execute"; } $stmt1->close(); } else { echo "No query"; $stmt1->close(); } ?>">
<?php // include the remaining meta information
include_once("../includes/meta_info.html");
?>

</head>

<body>

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="headers">

<div id="header1"></div>

<div id="header2"></div>

</div>

<div id="navigation">

include_once("../includes/navigation2.html"); ?>

</div>

<div id="right">

<p>Hello!</p>

</div>

<table>

<?php

// write the query

// REMEMBER JEFFREY: WHEN USING INNER JOIN IN A SQL QUERY, BOTH THE MYSQL FIELD AND PREFIX NEED TO BE TICKED AND DOTTED, AS SO: `a`.`username`

$query2 = "SELECT `a`.`post_id`, `a`.`author_id`, `a`.`author_name`, DATE_FORMAT(`a`.`date_posted`, '%W, %M %d %Y %l:%i %p'), `a`.`author_email`, `a`.`category_id`, `c`.`category_name`, `a`.`title`, `a`.`post_body` FROM `posts` `a` WHERE `a`.`post_id` = ? AND `a`.`title` = ? INNER JOIN `categories` `c` ON `a`.`category_id` = `c`.`category_id` LIMIT 1";

//var_dump($query2);

if ($stmt2 = $conn->prepare($query2))
{

// bind the parameters

$stmt2->bind_param('is', $newID2, $newTitle2);

$newID2 = $postID;
$newTitle2 = $title;

if ($stmt2->execute())
{

// bind the results

$stmt2->bind_result($post_id, $author_id, $author, $date, $email, $catID, $category, $newNewsTitle, $body);

// printf("Errors on the second statement %s\n:", $stmt2->error);

while ($stmt2->fetch())
{

echo "<tr><td><b>$newNewsTitle</b></td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td><b>Posted By:</b> $author on $date in $category</td></tr>";
echo "<tr><td>$body</td></tr>";

}

}

//var_dump($stmt2);

$stmt2->close();

}

$conn->commit();

$conn->close();

?>

</table>

<?php if ($noData == true) { echo "<p align='center' class='warning'>There is no data.</p>"; } ?>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

My latest script. I get take to the die('No Data.') page if I go to the script directly. However, if I go to the script with the GET information, I do get taken to the HTML page, but nothing is output:(

PappaJohn
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
If you follow the logic here:

{
// var_dump($query1);

// bind the parameters

$newID1 = $postID;
$newTitle1 = $title;

if ($stmt1->execute())
{
// bind the result

$stmt1->bind_result($postIDNULL, $userIDNULL, $authorIDNULL, $authorNULL, $dateNULL, $emailNULL, $catIDNULL, $category, $newsTitle, $bodyNULL, $newsTags, $newsInfo);

$stmt1->fetch();

?>

<html>

It is saying:

1. if $stmt1 = $conn->prepare($query1) execute the remaining code, which includes
2. if ($stmt1->execute()). If $stmt1->execute() returns true, execute the remaining code which includes the html page.

So, if either $conn->prepare($query1) returns false or $stmt1->execute() returns false, the html page will not be displayed.

The problem could be in either of those functions returning false, or the fact that both of those if statements are missing closing } (which may or may not be by design).

HTH

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum