View Full Version : Review my gaming computer site, UsedAlienware.com

iCED
12-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for honest reviews on my new layout & theme. I am dynamically pulling in products via RSS so be sure to check out that functionality as well.

I'm getting roughly 100 visits per day.
Used Alienware (http://www.usedalienware.com)

Rowsdower!
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
It's a pretty clean design but I notice a (double) problem with the "shop laptops" and "shop desktops" links in the banner. The first issue is that the "buttons" don't link to the pages, only the text does and when the mouse is over the text it shows a text editing/bracket thingy mouse pointer rather than an arrow or a finger pointer. You wouldn't know this was even a link were it not for the context so you might want to work that out just for the sake of presenation and ease of use.

Also, is the home page really the best place for those articles? I'm referring to the buyer's guide, the "Gamers save big with auctions for Alienware" article, etc.

These might be better placed on a different page that can be navigated to through a menu (which doesn't seem to exist so far).

I would also recommend you add searchability to your site so users don't have to scroll through all available auctions to try to find what they want. I honestly don't know how you would do that, but looking at it from a user's perspective the first thing I want to do is knock off some options (or at the very least choose a price level).

Other than that the functionality seems pretty good to me.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum