View Full Version : Opera and innerHTML changes

Íkii
02-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Opera (apparently, as I've not bothered dl'ing that browser) fails miserably at rendering my menu and affiliate area on http://www.teckis.com which I'm led to believe is due to my using
doc.getElementById('ref').innerHTML = newstring;
syntax. Is there any quick fix for this or should I ignore Opera for the time being until DOM3 Load and Save works?

brothercake
02-26-2003, 12:11 PM
In Opera 7 your menu almost works perfectly; a couple of small CSS tweaks would be enough.

Opera 5 and 6 don't support dynamic element creation; I wouldn't worry about that - these users will drop off sharply now that there's O7.

Íkii
02-27-2003, 02:24 PM
cheers for that brocake - had only return views from Opera 06 users - am glad 07 sorts the prob (mostly)

I assume then that the dyn written affiliate banners work too?

Might have to dl Opera7 at some point so I can sort the CSS - already have Moz using a different index to IE, so adding another just for Opera should be easy enough as long as I don't need to change the external . js files too much.

Cheers again for taking the time to look.

brothercake
02-27-2003, 04:44 PM
I assume then that the dyn written affiliate banners work too?

Yup :D

Might have to dl Opera7 at some point so I can sort the CSS

I would; Opera's my 3rd favourite browser at the moment; it's CSS2 support is arguably the best of any browser (Opera has always been good at CSS), while it's DOM support is very good - not as good as mozilla, and not quite as stable as IE or mozilla, but still very good; it's only the really advanced stuff - client-side XML processing, nodal treewalkers and such like - that it can't do.

Íkii
02-27-2003, 05:48 PM
ok - downloaded it and.......

(this should be in the CSS forum now :D)

The content area and right hand 'side feed' are enclosed in one div with the 'side feed' listed as float:right;
works in IE and Moz - gets tricky in Opera

Is that due to Opera and float: or because of the <hr />s in the content?

Or should I just sit down and [debug] the html so it works in Opera and stop asking such annoying questions all the time....

surprisingly enough, Opera is also my third favourite browser.
I've got Moz1.1, IE6 and Opera7
:D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum