View Full Version : Problem with IE Only, all browsers OK except IE.

12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi, I am displaying a frame inside a table:

<table style="height:100%; width:100%;"><tr><td>
<iframe frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" src="http://www.asite.com/directory/file.php?a=<?php echo $n; ?>&code=codehere">

With PHP I get the value of "n" from the url that has about 15.000+ different values

<?php $n=$_GET['n'] ?>

My problem is that in IE the scrollbar shows up twice, seems like the table size does not adapt to the frame size on IE.
On all other browsers, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc, the table adapts to the size of the frame and the scrollbar does not show up for the frame, the actual page that contains the frame gets the height of the frame through the table. With Internet Explorer it does not happen.

I cannot set a height for the table different than "100%" since all files I need to display inside the frame have different heights.

Could someone provide a solution please?

12-03-2008, 12:41 AM
First thing to do is to set the height of the cell to 100% as well as the parent table. If that doesn't work, you'll need to put IE6 into quirks mode. Easiest way to do it is to put an XML prolog on the first line (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>), which won't affect IE7 or more modern browsers.

Chances are this will have a knock on effect on your layout - you'll be stuck with the IE5.5 box model, so you'll need to set up a separate CSS file and use conditional comments to target IE6 and below to sort out any problems.

12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Can we have a link to your page?

PS: I like your tags ;)