View Full Version : Click-load-print-return?

02-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Is anyone familiar with a script that would allow you to load a page (other than the one being viewed) to the printer's cache/queue?

The idea is that you are viewing page A and you want to create a link/button so that page B will print but without loading. Is this even possible using JavaScript? Thanks in advance.

02-26-2003, 12:59 AM
I won't say no yet, but I can't think of how at the moment. Why are you doing this? Is page B something completely different?

02-26-2003, 01:17 AM
Page B is an excel document (although it doesn't have to be) - I want Page A for aesthetics and Page B for practicality.

02-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I see. Is this for an intranet? Only people with Excel installed can view (or print) an XLS file.

02-26-2003, 02:12 AM
I know. Just really using the XL files as a testing ground right now. Trying to get this printing of a separate file as smooth as possible (ie. without having to view it). Click and then have the document print would be the ideal.

02-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Well, if you are printing the same material that's on the page just in a different format, print media stylesheets can do that. Just print any page from my site (http://www.peterbailey.net) and you'll see that it's formatted differently than it is for the web.