View Full Version : i need to put a page on my website to put comments from users

THE_GAME
11-21-2008, 10:16 AM
how can i add a commeting section in to my web page..is that possible with css.?

abduraooft
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
No. CSS is used to style a webpage. You really need to have an html form and some serverside script like PHP

THE_GAME
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks you.is it possible if i use HTML codes.i have a blog site accualy and i need to put a commeting part to it.do you know how to do it?

FWDrew
11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
thanks you.is it possible if i use HTML codes.i have a blog site accualy and i need to put a commeting part to it.do you know how to do it?

Do you use a CMS or is it a hand coded site?

Either way, as abduraooft suggested, you will need to write it in php (http://php.net) (or any server side language really) or find a free script (assuming your not on a CMS that already has the ability).

Best Wishes,

Drew

Edit-Welcome to the forum :)

THE_GAME
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
thanks ,i think i can lern lot from this.hmm ill catch u guys later on .if ur like to talk add me on msn its massacrelp@hotmail.com..thans again c ya

jhaycutexp
11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
if you can't write php.. you can use javascript or ajax too.. to write something in a text file... and rewrite on your page onload...

rafiki
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
My guess is he can't write PHP, Javascript nor AJAX, what the hell.... He can't even write English.

(No offence)

THE_GAME
11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
well yha im not from USA or UK .im from a island called sri lanka.
neways i didn't ask u to comment on my English skills....

jhaycutexp i really don't now anything about PHP ,Java script nor AJAX.
i did some web design.and i made a blog site.i just want to put a forum like page to my blog site that's all.thanks

gnomeontherun
11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Welcome TheGame.

I understand that you have made a site, and that it was hand coded right? Technically a blog site would be run by some kind of server side programming, meaning that you wouldn't just update the HTML page with every post. This kind of a system if what allows you to also offer commenting for visitors. So you would need to find something that runs on the server. No, AJAX and JavaScript won't actually accomplish this by themselves, because the comments have to be stored on the server and they only function on the client computer. You must use something like PHP.

Perhaps you may like to check out wordpress. www.wordpress.org It is a blogging system that has comments built in, and many templates. You can also make your own template, but it might take a little learning on the programming side.

I don't know of any systems that are just for comments, but I imagine they are out there.

THE_GAME
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
thanks 4 the tips.it really helps.yes wut Ur sying is true .i tried to use java scripts but it didn't work coz i cant store the files on the severs .thanks 4 the website u gave me ill try to learn something from these sites.thank you very much..

RomanTaylor
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
You are looking at something like "PHP & MySQL CMS Tutorial". Try to search for something like that, you might will find some easy tutorials on that.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum