View Full Version : Dreamweaver cut and paste issue?

loamguy1
11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Any Dreamweaver pros out there?

I just re-installed Dreamweaver CS3 after a pc crash, and for the life of me I can't seem to find the setting for this simple issue:

Whenever I paste HTML code, e.g. "<p>hello there</p>", either from outside of, or within, Dreamweaver, instead of pasting the HTML brackets, it pastes the HTML code, like "&lt;p&gt;", and then doesn't necessarily paste them where the cursor is.

I tried every setting under Preferences... Copy/Paste, but get the same problem with each one.

Is there a setting I'm missing to address this?

Pepe, the bull
11-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Are you pasting in Code View or Design View? I think you want to be in Code View.

Doctor_Varney
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Any Dreamweaver pros out there?

Is there such thing as a pro who uses Dreamweaver...?

Whenever I paste HTML code, e.g. "<p>hello there</p>", either from outside of, or within, Dreamweaver, instead of pasting the HTML brackets, it pastes the HTML code, like "&lt;p&gt;", and then doesn't necessarily paste them where the cursor is.

Dreamweaver just tends to pull that kind of crap. I stopped using it, for this and several other reasons.

Is there a setting I'm missing to address this?

Don't believe there is...

Doctor_Varney
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Are you pasting in Code View or Design View? I think you want to be in Code View.

Possiby, that's a good point.

loamguy1
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I was in Code view, so that wasn't it, but good thought.

I couldn't figure it out, so I restarted DW and the problem went away. Weird stuff...

Doctor_Varney
11-19-2008, 08:07 AM
That's Dreamweaver for you.

(Don't dream it... DO it...)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum