View Full Version : Referencing A Node, But Not Another Node in XSL

11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Little hard to explain with the title of this one. Basically, I have an XML file that looks something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<header id="1">This is a major heading</header>
<image id="1">
<alt>default image</alt>
<text id="1">
<h3>This is minor heading 1</h3>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nullam augue ante, vehicula eu, mollis in, dictum tempus, felis. Sed eget diam. Curabitur sit amet tortor. Duis feugiat. Etiam erat dui, egestas molestie, eleifend nec, sagittis vel, turpis. Sed eget lorem. Nullam magna felis, hendrerit vitae, aliquet ut, porta sed, mauris. Donec eu justo ut nisi vestibulum tristique. Integer pulvinar. Aenean interdum, turpis eget posuere eleifend, orci mi tempus magna, ut accumsan est turpis id quam. Vestibulum ac nulla. Aliquam sed nisl. Phasellus quis tellus sit amet turpis venenatis aliquam. In quis eros. Vivamus a lorem in nulla venenatis vehicula.</p>

This is used in conjunction with a text editor that saves the changed content into a copy of this XML file with the updated node. For the output I use a number of different XSL stylesheets in order to allow for a selection of layouts for a certain page. The problem I'm having is that I want to be able to reference ALL elements within a text_block, but NOT the h3.

In XSL how do you say give me the value of everything, but not the h3?

11-18-2008, 03:45 PM

11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
You sir, are an absolute genius! Thank you very much! :)