View Full Version : IE vs Firefox alignment difference

jake7363
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi,
Until now, I was solely HTML and I have just begun using CSS and have a question regarding the IE-FF alignment issue. I did a search on this subject in this forum, but the posts were "poster"-specific and my question is a bit more general. I have a CSS horizontal menu I implemented, and all is well in IE, but FF wraps one of the menu items.

I can adjust the settings to compensate easily enough, but I would like to know what the difference is between IE and FF that causes this to occur. Perhaps there is something in the design that can be improved rather than just settling for a tweak to make it work.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

abduraooft
11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I have a CSS horizontal menu I implemented, and all is well in IE, but FF wraps one of the menu items.
Can we have a link to your page?

jake7363
11-10-2008, 02:47 PM
As of right now, the page is offline. I am re-doing the site for a friend of mine and I don't want to disrupt anything he has going now.

I guess I revert to my question as to what the differences actually are between firefox and ie... is it how they handle white space?

On other thing I should have mentioned is that the only way I could figure to keep the menu centered was to use a table, so the menu is in a single-cell table with a center-align. Could that be the problem?

Jake

abduraooft
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
On other thing I should have mentioned is that the only way I could figure to keep the menu centered was to use a table, so the menu is in a single-cell table with a center-align. Could that be the problem? Most probably yes, according to www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

btw, there are some methods to center your menu, check http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum