View Full Version : EXTREME IE weirdness!!!

Doctor_Varney
11-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Hello, I think I have found just the weirdest thing IE has ever done to date.

I think the programmers must have done this on purpose... You couldn't accidentally make a bug like this, I'm sure.

I put in some Ipsum lorum dopso whatever text within a <p></p> and IE7 (only IE7) repeats the last word... OUTSIDE the paragraph... BELOW the paragraph and what's more.... IT ALIGNS IT CENTER!!!

Check through, in any code editor and count the instances of that last word. It's not there. I've scoured the code, manually, for a misplaced word, hanging somewhere outside a tag - but it's nowhere to be found. Remove the last word and it will repeat whatever last word was there. Doesn't happen in FF, so...

WTF?! :eek:

Is someone having a laugh here? I don't find it very funny. :mad:

abduraooft
11-10-2008, 07:35 AM
See http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/dup-characters.html and relax :)

Doctor_Varney
11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, thank you very much, again, Abdura!

That is CRAZY!!!

Whatever next?!

What also is weird is there are no comments at all in my HTML document, but still...

Anyway, have put the -3px right margin into the last float of the page and this has cured the problem.

What would I do without this forum?! :confused:

Cheers,

Doctor V

FWDrew
11-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Havent seen that bug before Abduraoooft, thanks for the nice read :)

Drew

Doctor_Varney
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I think its a good thing that we can report such bugs to each other. There'll always be someone with the answer, but there'll also be about 100 people who have never seen it and would still be scratching their heads over it.:thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum