View Full Version : pop up under ??

Fullwebservice
02-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Hi,

I'm starting a new thing on my site where you can get free hosting, but there will be a popup under.

What i want to do is place the popup under on the main page of everyone that signs up, but i dont want them to remove it ,

Is there a way to add a popup under to a site/server and it will stay there until you want to remove it? and the person that owns the site wont be able to remove it ?

Thank you
Regards
David.

Philip M
02-23-2003, 04:36 PM
No, thank God!

Popups and popunders just drive visitors away.

webmarkart
02-23-2003, 05:54 PM
the day that a programmer can control what I see and when is the day I throw my computer away!

meow
02-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Say what? That's what almost every free host is doing so how can it be impossible? :confused:

redhead
02-23-2003, 09:42 PM
That's what almost every free host is doing so how can it be impossible? well... they dont stay there when you press the X in the corner... ;)

meow
02-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Me thinks Fullwebservice is referring to his hostees, not visitors to the sites. :D

and the person that owns the site wont be able to remove it

sweenster
02-24-2003, 11:40 AM
sorry mate, no one is gonna tell you how to do this. Because everyone HATES pop up windows.

<script>
function newwindow(myTarget, myWidth, myHeight, scroll){
window.open(myTarget,'popup','width=' + myWidth + ',height=' + myHeight + ',top=0,left=0,....................

nah!! I'm not telling you!!

ronaldb66
02-24-2003, 01:54 PM
While keeping in mind that everybody hates popups and -unders and noone will encourage you to implement them, i suspect those who do use some kind of server-side trick. I've used free web-hosters myself, and everytime the (html-)file that's uploaded to the server somehow ends up with some messy popup-code-snippet wedged into it somewhere, usually either on top above the html start tag or on the bottom below the html end tag, or even both; never valid code, anyway!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum