View Full Version : Review of my site

BabyJack
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi, I want a DESIGN review only.
I don't want to have people commenting on code or the 404 pages etc...

My new url is:
www.simgalaxy.co.cc (.co.cc is temporary, soon to be .net)

pussycat
11-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Well in regards to the beauty of your site its WAY AWESOME!
I love the colors and how relaxing and easy it is on the eyes.

gnomeontherun
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok lets start with some of the basics.

I know its a YooTheme template for Joomla. As a Joomla person I can tell a mile away. I do have to say that some of the links just go to #, which is frustrating when I want to know what the Library is.

Text is very hard to read, so little contrast. Is there anything to be done about getting a second font, or something to spice up the text a little bit?

Are you going to be doing any work to get the extensions styles to match the site? Some of them (Downloads for example) look like they were designed to work on white not black.

Your design would look stronger if modules which are for registered people don't show up unless you are registered. It would remove some clutter for visitors.

The header is fine, I presume images straight from the developers.

Obviously since its a Joomla template, getting some of these extensions to look right will be difficult. But I think that might be the most important thing for you to do. It needs to look seamless, and right now it seems to have different sections that don't quite fit the mold.

BabyJack
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Hm, thanks for your review pussycat & Jeremy.

Jeremy: The downloads has been hard to style, as I cannot find a yellow anywhere in the styles. I also cannot find any white, just grey.
As stated in the OP, I asked for design only, not the code etc... Im aware of the # as it is temporary until the drop down for it is completed.

Edit: And I will modify the registered users modules now.

gnomeontherun
11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Jeremy: The downloads has been hard to style, as I cannot find a yellow anywhere in the styles. I also cannot find any white, just grey.

http://main.mjaztools.com/downloads.html?task=cat_view&gid=20

Here is another theme, maybe there are others I don't know. But you might have to actually get into the code, because sometimes extensions are developed without keeping the template separate.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum