View Full Version : Need help! Urgent!psd to html/css

influencedesign
11-03-2008, 05:24 AM
I am in need of some help.. I need to convert a photoshop file to HTML/CSS and I cannot find a suffice tutorial anywhere. I've used google multiple times and can find nothing simplified enough for a beginner as my self. When I slice with photoshop and save as HTML it's just tables, and I've heard that tables shouldn't be used creating a webpage. Any help would be great! Thanks

itsallkizza
11-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.w3schools.com/

Use the first 3 links on the left: Learn... HTML, XHTML, CSS

However, it may take you awhile to learn/convert your PSD to XHTML and your message said urgent... If you like you can hire me for $30/hr to quickly pump it out for you. Depending on the page(s) size, I could have it done by the end of the night. ahulce@gmail.com

influencedesign
11-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.w3schools.com/

Use the first 3 links on the left: Learn... HTML, XHTML, CSS

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm looking to learn how to slice up a psd file and convert it to HTML/CSS.. I'll look over the site you showed me some more, but if anyone could point me to a tutorial about psd to HTML/CSS that'd be great! Thanks

itsallkizza
11-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Well that's pretty much it, do you know how to crop/save images? Because other than that, all you need to know is html/css.

graphicguru
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
slice the psd using slice tool as many parts as you want,
and
file-> save as web -> .html
thats it your page is done now

or even you can select portion of image with marquee tool and copy merged take new document and paste and save as jpg/gif/png and using dreamweaver u can easyle insert images using table for locating picuters.

itsallkizza
11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
When I slice with photoshop and save as HTML it's just tables, and I've heard that tables shouldn't be used creating a webpage.
He already knew that.

Influence: you can use the table design as a quick launch for your site, then spend the next week learning about html/css and make a new one from scratch.

That's what I suggest.

BoldUlysses
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the quick response, but I'm looking to learn how to slice up a psd file and convert it to HTML/CSS

How you slice up your PSD depends entirely on how your page is structured in HTML and displayed with CSS. Structuring and displaying a page correctly requires a knowledge of HTML and CSS. So that's where it all begins.

Recommend the links above for learning.

If it's any comfort, using CSS to lay out your page usually doesn't require much "slicing" at all (compared to tables). You could invest the effort and time you normally spend on slicing up the image for tables on learning HTML and CSS instead and you'd come out ahead with a better-designed webpage and knowledge to boot.

itsallkizza
11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm looking to learn how to slice up a psd file and convert it to HTML/CSS

Since your desire truly is to learn, if you'd like to send me one of your PSDs I can type you up a walkthrough of PSD->XHTML conversion using your page as the example. I think you'll find after your first time through it's actually quite simple, it can even be fun to try and find the most efficient methods of reproducing your concept's image and functionality.

influencedesign
11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Alright, so basically this is what I'd like to do.. in the image below I have a template, and where the content is "lorem iprism etc.." id like to be able to edit it with html.. so instead of having it directly on the page, and having to edit through the psd id like it to be html. how would I go about doing that?http://i33.tinypic.com/6dvjiv.gif

influencedesign
11-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Since your desire truly is to learn, if you'd like to send me one of your PSDs I can type you up a walkthrough of PSD->XHTML conversion using your page as the example. I think you'll find after your first time through it's actually quite simple, it can even be fun to try and find the most efficient methods of reproducing your concept's image and functionality.

if you could, that'd be great! :) where should I send it to?

Scriptet
11-03-2008, 11:14 PM
You simply need to learn HTML and CSS or hire a coder to go alongsider your template creations and work in partnership.
There is no quick fix if you don't understand HTMl/CSS unless somebody does it for you.

itsallkizza
11-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Like I said above, he's willing to learn so I'm willing to spend some time showing him how.

E-mail the PSD to: ohsosexybrit@gmail.com

I should have time tonight to type it up for you.

I'm doing this free of charge ;) but do realize that Scriptet has a point, some people's entire jobs are converting PSD to valid XHTML - it's both an art and science that isn't learned overnight, however I'm hoping I can give you a solid shove in the right direction.

influencedesign
11-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Like I said above, he's willing to learn so I'm willing to spend some time showing him how.

E-mail the PSD to: ohsosexybrit@gmail.com

I should have time tonight to type it up for you.

I'm doing this free of charge ;) but do realize that Scriptet has a point, some people's entire jobs are converting PSD to valid XHTML - it's both an art and science that isn't learned overnight, however I'm hoping I can give you a solid shove in the right direction.

That's all I want really is to learn. I appreciate that so much! I'm sending the PSD over right now :thumbsup: Thanks, a whole bunch.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum