View Full Version : Resolved Getting BG color to stretch to content

FWDrew
10-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi all,

It seems I am having a small issue. I am developing a theme and am having problems with my footer showing its background color when a height is not set.

see here (http://creatingdrew.com/Themes/SimplySimple/)

You will se the #footer has a background image that repeats-x. If I dont set a height, then the background image does not show. If I do set a height, then when the content goes past the footer bg image, the bg color (#212121) does not show. Does this make sense?

Basically, when more content is added to the footer div, the BG color needs to be #212121, which is the bottom of my gradient, and I am having trouble getting it to work. If you add some more content or mess with it in firebug you will see what I mean.

Thanks much,

Drew

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-01-2008, 12:42 AM
You need to clear your floats. This has been discussed time and time again. Please search for it in the forums.

FWDrew
11-01-2008, 12:49 AM
You need to clear your floats. This has been discussed time and time again. Please search for it in the forums.

I know all about clearing floats, I didnt know this is what was causing the issue, as it was a mistake I missed. How do you search for something when you dont know that its the problem?

Anyway, problems fixed, thank you for your help :thumbsup:

Drew

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum