View Full Version : Which scripts can effect viewing internet-sites?

Jerome
02-22-2003, 12:05 PM
As a frequent user, and non-programmer, of internet-sites I experience sometimes strange behaviour of my browser (IE 5) which is in my opinion effected by the site(s) I visited.

For example, after visiting a most interesting site like www.ferrari.com, my continued use of other sites gives the following problem:

When I want to resize my browser-window using the resize-button (upper-right corner the middle one) the browser-window moves to a specific place (upper-left corner to almost the middle of the screen).

Question: which kind of javascripts (other technics) they use make viewing these sites rather disappointing.

Jerome.

Skyzyx
02-22-2003, 06:19 PM
There are too many ways to count...

meow
02-22-2003, 07:25 PM
It used to happen to me on Win95... I don't remember the details so do on your own risk. :D

Check through the registry keys for a value for
/software/microsoft/Internet Explorer/main (I think it's 'main')
called "window_placement". It can be under several main keys and some values are legit so you may have to try several. IIRC you can just delete them. I think these entries is how IE remembers the last placement.

Mr J
02-22-2003, 07:51 PM
If you're going to mess with the registry back it up first or you could be sorry

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum