View Full Version : CF moved to a new server

WA
10-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Well, if you can see this thread, it means you've successfully reached the new home of CF. Hopefully things go more smoothly here on out. Please post any bugs/ error messages here.

abduraooft
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Missing the "google CSE result page".

hinch
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Not Found

The requested URL /nominate.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.codingforums.com Port 80

when clicking on the nominate member button at the top

WA
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, both problems fixed.

Nightfire
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Images under mods/admins etc aren't showing for me

http://www.codingforums.com/images/ranks/cfadmin.gif etc

hinch
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
aye me too only just noticed they were missing

gnomeontherun
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, if you can see this thread, it means you've successfully reached the new home of CF. Hopefully things go more smoothly here on out. Please post any bugs/ error messages here.

:thumbsup:Many thanks WA, I appreciate your work greatly!

bazz
10-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Great. Much better than last night :D

I never had any errors show before, but when I did the whole thing went wonky. Good luck with the new server.

bazz

oesxyl
11-01-2008, 12:54 AM
probably other things are more important that this, local yui library, now is remote, :)

best regards

Philip M
11-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Line 483
Char 1
Error: 'bordercolorA' is undefined.

I also wish you good luck with the new server, and thank you for providing the forums.

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Line 483
Char 1
Error: 'bordercolorA' is undefined.

I also wish you good luck with the new server, and thank you for providing the forums.

That has been going on for some time now. It happened on the last server too. Adblock issue maybe?

abduraooft
11-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Got all the alerts emails twice for every new weakly subscribed threads!

VIPStephan
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
That has been going on for some time now. It happened on the last server too. Adblock issue maybe?

Yes, it is an Adblock issue. This has been brought up before. Namely this section is the culprit:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-3356683755662088";
google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.codingforums.com/adsensedefault.htm";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
google_color_border = bordercolorA[adindex];
google_color_bg = bgcolorA[adindex];
google_color_link = linkcolorA[adindex];
google_color_url = "666666";
google_color_text = textcolorA[adindex];
google_ad_channel ="2038461576";
//--></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

A simple error checking (if statement) could resolve that issue. But itís sad to see that even Google isnít promoting the use of unobtrusive and/or valid (W3C) code.

bazz
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Has someone moved the 'New Posts' button or swapped the position of it and the 'Search' button?

I am convinced that the 'New Posts' button is to the left of where it used to be and that 'Search' was originally to the left of 'New Posts'

Maybe you are playing a children's party game on us WA?? :D Y'know, the one where a tray of items has omse of them reomved and we have to rememebr which are missing?

bazz

WA
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Has someone moved the 'New Posts' button or swapped the position of it and the 'Search' button?

Yes I did, while trying to fix a few issues with the nav bar HTML. It's like moving the coat hanger- you don't notice any change until you try to hang your coat. :)

WA
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Got all the alerts emails twice for every new weakly subscribed threads!

Are you still getting "double"?

abduraooft
11-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Are you still getting "double"? I've set it to receive on every Monday. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Fumigator
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
What happened to the relatively new "Mark this forum read" link that was found at the bottom of a forum's list of posts? That was fun to have. Now I can only find "Mark all posts read" on the main page.

oracleguy
11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
What happened to the relatively new "Mark this forum read" link that was found at the bottom of a forum's list of posts? That was fun to have. Now I can only find "Mark all posts read" on the main page.

In the bar at the top of the thread list in the forum, click "Forum Tools" and the link is in there.

Brandoe85
11-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Is it just me - or does the site seem slower since the move?

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Just you. It seems fine to me.

Fou-Lu
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Is it just me - or does the site seem slower since the move?

ATM, I'm with you on this one, mine is crawling... slowly.
Makes me miss the dial-up days :`(

WA
11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Seems to be just today. Right now it's very slow for me too. If it continues I'll contact the web host, since it looks like a network issue.

ohgod
11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
it's spotty... it'll be moving fine and then out of nowhere take eternity to move from page to page. not sure what to make of that.

would it help to have times for when it's moving slow for trending?

Fou-Lu
11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
it's spotty... it'll be moving fine and then out of nowhere take eternity to move from page to page. not sure what to make of that.

would it help to have times for when it's moving slow for trending?

I agree, off an on.
I don't know if it would really help to report, but I think its a good idea.
Slow right now, 12:35 GMT -6.

WA
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm seeing this as well actually- intermittent slowness, then all of a sudden normal again. Contacting web host...

Apostropartheid
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
That's odd, because across the Atlantic the connection is as perfect as ever, despite my downloading things at the same time.

WA
11-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi:
I've contacted our web host. For those of you like myself that are experiencing sluggishness, the next time it happens, can you pm me a tracert to codingforums.com at the time? The host requires that info to diagnose the issue, which does seem to be network related at the moment.

Thanks,

ohgod
11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
i think it's gonna be luck if you catch it in a tracert... as spotty as it is whatever is causing the hiccup is as likely as not to be gone by the time i get a cmd prompt up.

anyhoo, tracert sent as well as where i'm running it from. if i'm reading it correctly there was a small rise in latency in Chicago... but being a big hub that's probably not all too abnormal.

WA
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi ohgod:
Thanks for the tracert. I've forwarded it the web host's way. You're right, it may be hard to discern the issue just by looking at it, but at this point the host just wants to know which ISPs are experiencing sluggishness.

ohgod
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
just as a side note: whenever i hit that slowdown in a section with a subforum the subforum menu populates as fast as ever, then the main section takes a long time to load.

i'm not exactly sure what to make of that yet. i'm used to the subfoum menu displaying faster than the rest, it's a much smaller query etc etc... makes sense. but what in the connections between the query for the subforum and the main section is different that at slow periods makes that wait so apparent?

just thinking out loud i suppose.

WA
11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I think network issues are like that- sporadic and unpredictable. Today for me for example, my very first request to CodingForums.com (frontpage) took literally like 10 seconds for the site to respond and load. Then once it did, going through the various threads was rather speedy. An isolated network issue or not, hopefully this will go away on its own soon; if not, I'll bug the host again on the issue.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum