View Full Version : Seabed is the limit!

abduraooft
10-15-2008, 08:41 AM
49 Vector Landscape Web Design (http://www.cssleak.com/Category/Vector-Landscape-Web-Design.html)

I wish I could post some of them in "website review" sub-forum :D

o0O0o.o0O0o
10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
wow , Good deisgnz.
Are the text on those sites also vector?

FWDrew
10-24-2008, 08:17 AM
wow , Good deisgnz.
Are the text on those sites also vector?

Assuming the text is saved as an image, and not just a font-family (obviously), then most likely, yes. Any fonts made in photoshop or Illustrator are "vector" fonts until/if the type is rasterized.

Best Regards,

Drew

sybil6
10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
if the text is saved as an image it is no more a vector.

FWDrew
10-31-2008, 12:19 AM
if the text is saved as an image it is no more a vector.

Oh really? What if I save it as a/an .svg? What if I dont rasterize the type, I can still go back and make it any size I wish without losing resolution. :thumbsup:

sybil6
10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
What if I dont rasterize the type, I can still go back and make it any size I wish without losing resolution.
if you save it in jpg ,gif and rasterize it or not ,the typo is no more vector based(sure you can go back but whats the point?). we arent talking about svg here wich is the real vector based format for the internet.

FWDrew
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
if you save it in jpg ,gif and rasterize it or not ,the typo is no more vector based(sure you can go back but whats the point?). we arent talking about svg here wich is the real vector based format for the internet.

Of course any vector image saved as a .jpg or .gif etc will not be a vector once put onto the web, the point is still that if the text is not rasterized (in the original .psd or .svg), you can easily go back and make it bigger (or smaller) if you need to without losing resolution. There are huge benefits in that.

And who says we arent talking svg here? SVG's can be embedded on the web, there is even a doctype for them I believe.

Regards,

Drew

sybil6
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
svg can be embed in xml documents

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum