View Full Version : Websnips - make a widget out of any site

ojsimon
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi
I have just finished my new site called at
http://www.websnips.com

This site allows you to make a widget out of any other site.

Please tell me what you think, any advice etc?

Thanks

Yay
10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
The design is really tacky. I'm sorry to say.
The component does what exactly?
And the page is really slow.

ojsimon
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
sorry you feel this way but i have had plenty of people saying its 'useful' 'cool' and 'unique' its not using iframes either though its acually using dom model and you display the snip using iframes but i am changing that to scr in the future

thanks

tomws
10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, it's an interesting concept, anyway. I could see where some people would make use of it.

As for the design, I don't care for the color scheme. And the logo design is a bit too busy. Might work better on a different background, though.

And while I consider Yay's comment unhelpful, he's on the target with respect to the page being so slow. Hook me up with a 'Loading...' or 'Please wait while blah...' progress bar and I'd be happier. By the way, it was even slow pulling google.com, so I would imagine more complex sites would take even longer.

ojsimon
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
i may have to upgrade my hosting as i think this is the problem. thanks for your comments.

thanks

Millenia
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I hate direct links to email addresses. I like the simple design, but I think you should make a contact page with a form on it. It's much easier.

ojsimon
10-14-2008, 08:31 PM
planning on doing that very soon, thanks
Thansk

gnomeontherun
10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Just a thought, if the widget works based on the location of a piece of content on a page, then when the site is updated the widget will be messed up right?

ojsimon
10-14-2008, 10:04 PM
only if the structures changed not if it is just updated

NancyJ
10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
sorry you feel this way but i have had plenty of people saying its 'useful' 'cool' and 'unique'

You know very well that it isn't unique (http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=135708)

I'd be interested to know how much it cost you in the end though and who made it for you.

ojsimon
10-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi
I added a contact form. I found a programmer to program it on digitalpoint forums. I got a good price i think.

thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum