View Full Version : Problem with Javascript in Mozilla

kmattera
10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
We have recently had our website redesigned. The site was built using frames (which I hate, but that's another issue), and the navigation uses javascript. The problem we are having at this point in time is that the navigation works fine within I/E and Netscape, but Mozilla is of course giving us a problem.

The site is www.cthosp.org. Within Mozilla browsers, users are unable to navigate through the site. Any of the buttons clicked from the left-hand navigation generates an error. The error generated within Mozilla is “curPolicy is Null”. The line it is pointing to is underlined below.

function toggleDiv(selectedDiv, setting){
var curPolicy = document.getElementById(selectedDiv);
if (curPolicy == null) {
alert(selectedDiv);
}

curPolicy.style.display = setting;
return curPolicy;
}

Does any of this make sense to any of the experts here? Is there a quick fix? We're going back to the designer but the site has already launched today and we need to get this resolved.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kellie

vwphillips
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I would expert the alert to fire as I cant locate any of the ids being passed to the function

rnd me
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
seems to work fine for me in firefox3.

EDIT: and firefox 2.

kmattera
10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Found the problem was lowercase/uppercase issues between the 2 files. Fixed and now works perfectly. :)

Arty Effem
10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
now works perfectly. :)Unless JavaScript is not available, in which case the site is an unusable zombie with no warning given.
Whoever did that redesign has some explaining to do, without using a phrase like 'small percentage'.

kmattera
10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
True... unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the redesign. :(

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum