View Full Version : Jump Menu Refreshing

skeetley
02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Ok, guys, I need some assistance. I am notr even 100% sure this is JS, but I am hopefull someone can help me out.

I finally got my form submit buttons to refresh the parent page when they spawn the child window by adding onClick="javascript:window.location.reload()" and I can get the whole darn parent page to refresh if I make a text link with "javascript:window.location.reload()" as the URL.

What I can't do is to get my jump menu's to refresh once they are selected. The way my jumps work is by this code

<select name="lightning" onChange="jump(this)"> <option selected>&nbsp;</option> <option value="_blank|info/lightnin/lightning_1hr.htm">Latest 1 Hour</option> <option value="_blank|info/lightnin/lightning_6hr.htm">Latest 6 Hour</option> <option value="_blank|info/lightnin/lightning_24hr.htm">Latest 24 Hour</option> </select>

Now this is the only way I can code my jump menus because some of them have null options. Can anyone in here think of a way I can get these darn jumps to refresh the parent page when they are selected?

Thanks,
Shayne

arnyinc
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
What I can't do is to get my jump menu's to refresh once they are selected.

Just call window.location.reload() when they are selected. Presumably in your jump() function.

skeetley
02-20-2003, 03:38 PM
I was just thinking that too.

<SCRIPT>
<!--
function jump(menu){
var loc = menu[menu.selectedIndex].value.split("|");
if(loc.length == 2)
window.open(loc[1], loc[0]);
javascript:window.location.reload();
}
//-->