View Full Version : [C++]2D Game programming?

jhouns
09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Okay so ive been learning text based game programming for a while now from one of my books and i understood it perfectly but now i want to move onto 2D game programming and wherever i look all i find is read such and such a book mainly Beginning Game Programming by Michael Morrison. Unfortunately this book does not teach me very well. Upon the first piece of code i see being about a page long with little explanation i get confused and find most of it isn't really explained. So if anyone who understands this book could help me or anyone who knows 2d game programming or anyone who knows anything like a good tutorial please point me in the right direction and i would be most grateful. :thumbsup:

Gox
09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
You looking for C++ resources only? I could point you towards some resources for Microsofts XNA framework but it uses C#.

jhouns
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
You looking for C++ resources only? I could point you towards some resources for Microsofts XNA framework but it uses C#.
Mainly im looking to understand it as what i have that teaches me throws me in at the deep end so to speak. A method i failt o learn by i prefer to be eased into it lol i have resources but it would be helpful to have a link or two thanks :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum