View Full Version : google adsense canceled...

mia_tech
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I just received an email from google telling me that my adsense account was canceled without any explanation.... has anyone heard of something like this happen?, and what are the future consequence?

jerry62704
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I just received an email from google telling me that my adsense account was canceled without any explanation.... has anyone heard of something like this happen?, and what are the future consequence?

I'm old. And a cynical old at that. Was there an ability to reply to that email? Could it be a spoof to get you to give them your information so they could fix the problem?

tosbourn
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I agree with Jerry, verify that it is real (for a start, are google ads still displaying on your sites?)

mia_tech
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I agree with Jerry, verify that it is real (for a start, are google ads still displaying on your sites?)

no the ads are gone...and I think the email is legit as the ads are no longer there.... here's part of the email I received

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

bcarl314
09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Big Money strikes again!

I'm really questioning googles "Do no evil" policy. Since they went public, everything is about money.

mia_tech
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I just send them an email asking the specifics, but I doubt they will even bother with an answer.... I wonder if it could be some of the content of my site which is hacking related {black hat}.... then again I've seen plenty of site with controversial content and they still have adsense..... is there another alternative to adsense?

oracleguy
09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Were you getting close to them having to pay you your first check?

mia_tech
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Were you getting close to them having to pay you your first check?

no the first one, this was the second one, and it was for 300 $ since last payment in july

oracleguy
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
no the first one, this was the second one, and it was for 300 $ since last payment in july
I could of sworn there was a thread from a year or two ago on here about people experiencing Google terminating their account before a payout. I searched around but I couldn't find it.

I would recommend seeing if there is a way to contact Google to get a more specific reason out of them.

harbingerOTV
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Do you have a lot of traffic. What I'm getting at is that if you get a lot of clicks to visitor ratio they will probably ban your account. Since you are running analytics, they know all that information. So if they even suspect tampering, then they drop you.

Another issue is some of the keywords that appear on your page e.g., hacking, firewall and security all used in succession in your tag cloud might look oddly suspicious. Maybe more so that you are using

<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />

mia_tech
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
even if is true what you're saying about my site showing hacking content instead of security...I think I should've get a warning...besides when most ppl do a search online, related to computer security, it usually is the word "hacking" and not "auditing"... in my opinion

tosbourn
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I would imagine it is the content of your site then, the rules are fairly specific with regards what you can and cannot talk about.

A warning would be nice, but then think of the millions of websites they deal with daily, there is no way they could realistically keep track of a warnings system - if they deem the site to have broken the rules, and they have said they operate a no warning policy, then bam, you are gone.

It sucks, and I hope it gets rectified for you!

mlseim
09-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I remember those posts about being dropped before the first paycheck. I'm thinking it's an urban legend deal where someone is trying to scare adsense users. They will freeze the account if someone goes in and clicks the links over and over again to increase clicks.

If I were you, I would sit it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens.
Perhaps they will reply with a better explanation.

Can you still log into your adsense account?

BoltZ
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Make sure it is really google. Also check if you didn't accidently click your ads too much. That would make them cancel it.

tosbourn
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Make sure it is really google. Also check if you didn't accidently click your ads too much. That would make them cancel it.

If by "too much" you mean "at all" then yes, that would make them cancel it.

If google catches you clicking on your own ad even once they can ban your account, and I say that is a good thing.

jasonc310771
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I could of sworn there was a thread from a year or two ago on here about people experiencing Google terminating their account before a payout. I searched around but I couldn't find it.

I would recommend seeing if there is a way to contact Google to get a more specific reason out of them.

yes that might have been me, i had this just as i was a few cents before the payout!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum