View Full Version : alignment problem in all browsers except Opera

TigerMO
09-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I have a decorative dividing line that is supposed to appear below the content area on my page. However, if the content area is too short the lines are shifted over to the right instead of appearing below the side menu buttons. The link I'm including displays as I want it to in Opera only, but does not display correctly in Safari, Firefox 3, and Navigator, if you want to compare the appearance. Any other link you want to look at also appears with the bottom dividing lines correctly displayed, but only because the content is long enough to force the lines below the side menu. How do I change the coding to allow shorter content to display correctly, too? I don't understand the effect of the float property or the position property. Would either of those affect this problem?

Here's a URL that does NOT display correctly:
https://boonerta.sslpowered.com/boonerta.org/wrong.html

effpeetee
09-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I haven't the time to look deeply, but you have these without units. px ems or %ages.

Frank

body {
text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
color: #000000;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 100%;
background-image: url(Images/Backgrounds/bru087.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat;
margin-top: 100;here margin-right: 80;here
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
}

Codee
09-06-2008, 06:52 PM
i can't see anything wrong with that page? :S

effpeetee
09-06-2008, 07:10 PM
i can't see anything wrong with that page? :S
Look at it with FFox 3. Safari or Google Chrome.

Frank

TigerMO
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Added px to the units and no change on the appearance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum