View Full Version : I am really fed up with Moderators not following there own rules!!!!

barkermn01
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok This is Annoying me now i have Just been warned (fair enough i should not have sworn )
But the only reason i did was a web domain Address to prove a point that users are asking question a not even researching a thing before they do so

I posted a site some of you might have used your self and was used on me about 3 years ago and it work hit home and humiliated me and made me stating googling before asking questions

Some one asked how to do some thing that a MODERATOR then Gave him 3 Link that were overuse straight from goole WHY it is in the rules not to just ask question's And no Warning for not Researching and i get a warning for swaring at him with a web address to prove a point this is not fair i get a warning for breaking a rule and yet some one breaks a rule and get nothing
and Vulgarity which it was one word that is used more and more nowadays and it was to prove a point of Will People PLEASE GOOGLE FIRST and if it is there first ever post they should be band as they did not read the rules and just want to exspolite the community properly for the own gain as well

SO PLEASE EITHER WARN USERS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS THAT THEY HAVE NOT EVEN RESEARCHED OR STOP WANING PEOPLE FOR HAVING AGO AT THEM TO PROVE A POINT AND POSSIBLE STOP THEM FROM DOING IT AGAIN

P.S Sorry for any spelling mistakes this has been run though http://www.spellchecker.net/

VIPStephan
09-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Uhm… what?? :confused:

Sorry, English ain’t my native language and I haven’t understood anything you were saying despite using the (obviously useless) spellchecker.

oracleguy
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I assume you are referring to this thread: http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=148067 ?

effpeetee is not a moderator, all moderators on CodingForums have moderator badges under their names.

WA
09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
barkermn01, please be more specific which thread and post you're talking about as far as a mod breaking their own rules. You can see a list of all the moderators here btw: http://www.codingforums.com/showgroups.php

BabyJack
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
*runs out of breath*
Sorry, I agree with VIPStephan. I don't really understand.

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-07-2008, 01:04 AM
*runs out of breath*
Sorry, I agree with VIPStephan. I don't really understand.

Thanks for making me understand that you don't understood :p

evo
09-07-2008, 02:56 AM
I have already raised your concerns with the moderator team, as I pm'ed you about earlier.

In regards to your comments, it's often not easier to go to Google and search for something you may not know anything about. We're here to help, and that's why people tend to ask a source they trust before going elsewhere. Just because it may seem as a simple solution to you or I, but it doesn't mean that it is ok to tell them to just google it in a disrespectful way, regardless of context.

Philip M
09-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Why punctuate? VIPStephan said Philip M is a genius. VIPStephan, said Philip M, is a genius. (Totally different meaning).

Strange how people who are literately challenged can cope with the precision and accuracy required of computer programming.

bcarl314
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Why punctuate? VIPStephan said Philip M is a genius. VIPStephan, said Philip M, is a genius. (Totally different meaning).

Strange how people who are literately challenged can cope with the precision and accuracy required of computer programming.

I think you mean...

VIPStephan said, "Phillip M is a genuis".

vs.

"VIPStephan", said Philip M, "is a genius".

:D

Don't forget, when people are talking, what they say is in quotes ;)

Moodle
09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
That was a hard one... Do more Phillip M!

Apostropartheid
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I think you mean...

vs.

Only the latter is a true correction; one can quote in the passive voice too (so the former's just a different way of saying it.) :P

bazz
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
:p nope.

the first version is as VIPStephan saying it whereas, in the second, Philip M says it about VIPStephan.

:p

bazz

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I think you mean...

vs.

what bout

VIPStephan said Phillip , M is a genuis :D

abduraooft
09-08-2008, 06:59 AM
poor Stephan!

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
poor Stephan!

Did you mean

poor , Stephan

or

"poor Stephan"

;)

oracleguy
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Ok everyone that is enough OT discussion.

Philip M
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Those weird-looking things over there are the Moderators.

Sorry - I'll rewrite that:-

Those weird-looking things over there are the Moderator's.

(Sorry oracleguy, I did not see your post at the start of page 2 until I had made mine).

BabyJack
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Those "weird-looking" things over there are the Moderators
or
Those weird-looking things over there are the "moderators" :D
I is a genius.

Philip M
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Those "weird-looking" things over there are the Moderators
or
Those weird-looking things over there are the "moderators" :D
I is a genius.

Why the quotes? Quotation marks denote either reported speech or a quotation. Yours do not make grammatical sense.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

WA
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Seeing that this thread has mutated into a discussion about grammar, and funnily so, I'm moving it to the Geek News/ Humor forum.

bcarl314
09-09-2008, 03:16 AM
For those of you that like a good laugh, go out and by "Eats shoots and leaves". It's a great book about the poor grammer in society today and starts with the following sentence:

"The panda bear eats shoots and leaves"

And talks about where the comma should go

"The panda bear eats shoots, and leaves" or

"The panda bear eats, shoots, and leaves"

One means that the bear injests shoots (i.e. twigs) and injests leaves

The other means the panda bear will eat food, shoot something with a gun (or similar) then leave the place they are.

All for a simple extra comma!

bcarl314
09-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Only the latter is a true correction; one can quote in the passive voice too (so the former's just a different way of saying it.) :P

I think you missed the point. In the first, the "voice" is from VIPStephen where he says Philip M is a genius. The later, the "voice" is from Philip M, where he say VIPStephen is a genius.

The have completely different meaning.

bazz
09-09-2008, 04:00 AM
"The panda bear eats shoots and leaves"

lol. That reminds me of a joke; if only I could recall it. :( something about panda being an inconsiderate lover. I'll let you guess where the comma goes so I don't get an infraction :D

shouldn't it be chutes??
bazz

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I am curious to know what VIPStephan actually said :D

VIPStephan
09-09-2008, 04:40 AM
Haha, I’m feeling honored by all the talk about me. :D But I wouldn’t be a genius if I wouldn’t have to correct anything: If you’re already promoting correct grammar you should also promote correct syntax, and therefore the correct quotes, if used, are:

“VIPStephan”, said Philip M, “is a genius.” (I believe the period is even written inside the quote in American English but I’m not 100% certain. I guess Wikipedia knows more.) or “VIPStephan said, ‘Philip M is a genius.’”

Who’s the genius now, eh? :p

P.S.: Gotta love Macintosh for its (← no apostrophe! :D) simple special character input. :)

Philip M
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
If you think that any of the moderators are rude or unfriendly you should see WA.

Visit Philip M's computer store - unequalled in size, unmatched in variety, unrivalled inconvenience. Check out our line of unique hardware products, designed to maximize the time you spend with your computer. If you are used to high prices and poor customer service then this is the store you'll want to visit! Philip M says "In our store competitive prices and good customer service have never been regarded as an option. And you can be sure that nothing works better or faster than Philip M's software". Special offer today only - 15 8GB hard disk drives £40 each - they won't last an hour!

Illiterate? Write today for free help.

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant - Newspaper headline.

borntoslow
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
so are we alowed to swear...lol

bazz
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Visit Philip M's store - unequaled in size, unmatched in variety, unrivaled inconvenience.

shouldn't that be, unequalled, unmatched, unrivalled and in convenience ? :p

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant - Newspaper headline.

Don't you just love journalists/newspapers?

bazz

BabyJack
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
shouldn't that be, unequalled, unmatched, unrivalled and in convenience ?

Now you're the genius -rolls eyes-

Philip M
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Now you're the genius -rolls eyes-

No, it is supposed to be a joke. My store - unequalled in size, unmatched in variety, unrivalled inconvenience. :D:D:D

Geddit?

rmedek
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't se what the fuss is about. The problem with this sentence can be easily spotted and corrected.

VIPStephan said, “Phillip M is a genuis.”

…corrected to:

VIPStephan said, “rmedek is a genius.”

:thumbsup:

Philip M
09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
No, I am a genius (aw, shucks! :o), not a genuis! Perhaps you are a genuis, that is a person who suffers from

Genu valgum, commonly called "knock-knees", is a condition where the knees angle in and touch one another when the legs are straightened. Individuals with severe valgus deformities are typically unable to touch their feet together while simultaneously straightening the legs.:eek::D;)

bazz
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Individuals with severe valgus deformities are typically unable to touch their feet together while simultaneously straightening the legs.:eek::D;)

hey that happens to me every weekend so I must become a genius after consuming copious amounts of rum. :D

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Genu valgum, commonly called "knock-knees",

From that i remember the "Friendship" of "Cyrax" in "Mortal Kombat" game
Don't know who else will remember that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHekBEsOgU

Watch this if you forget

FWDrew
09-10-2008, 12:34 AM
From that i remember the "Friendship" of "Cyrax" in "Mortal Kombat" game
Don't know who else will remember that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHekBEsOgU

Watch this if you forget

:D That brought back so many memories, I always loved scorpion though.

Drew

borntoslow
09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
WTF was that. thats not like the mortal combat i used to play. Who was the guy - Oro maybe - with the four arms?

effpeetee
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM

vs.

I suspect that neither statement is correct!

Frank - Qualified and 'Certified' Genius.

Philip M
09-10-2008, 01:40 PM

vs.

I suspect that neither statement is correct!

Frank - Qualified and 'Certified' Genius.

Well, I shall certainly not ask you to be a friend! :D:D:D
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent. ;)

effpeetee
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
When asked for my credentials, I usually say:

"I was born stupid and I have had 83 years practice, STUPID I do real good."

That takes the wind out of their sails.

I assume you are referring to this thread: http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=148067 ?

effpeetee is not a moderator, all moderators on CodingForums have moderator badges under their names.

By the way, how did I get into this thread?

effpeetee

barkermn01
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
WoW Lots of people
But this is not funny and sorry but if you want to learn anything befor asking a qution 1 word infont of what you want to learn

tutorial

God there a people that make tutorial so basic a 5 year old could learn it.

If you look at any Senior Coder that try's to help others we end up with
bad marks look at my Reputation the last 3 i have got have been for people being stupid
I have

2 Column Web Layout 09-01-2008 12:37 PM idiot
Determining if a user... 08-28-2008 03:07 PM bad grammar
Problem with my... 08-28-2008 11:58 AM Can't understand user post.
Warning:... 07-09-2008 11:54 AM what the *** you're talking?

VIPStephan
09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
[…] look at my Reputation the last 3 i have got have been for people being stupid
I have

Although I had to read your post at least 3 times again before I got it I swear that above wasn’t me.

bazz
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
lol!! Stephan you are a genius for sure. I have read that post many times and still I don't get it. :(

bazz

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-11-2008, 12:48 AM

Try copy pasting these reputations again , there may be the possiblity of few more on the top :D
I have got so many that i have started making spread sheet of that ;)

barkermn01
09-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Any thing is () is a comment to you to, check you have understanding of what im saying
What was not to understand,

bad marks.(got that bit if not read again is so carry on reading)

look at my Reputation the last 3 i have got have been for people being stupid
(so this is look at my last 3 reputation got carry on).

I have

(Ok so this is my last 3 reputation got it)

now what the hell was so hard about under standing that
This is all english maybe not perfect grammer but it is perfectly good enuff to read if not learn english

BabyJack
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
But without punctuation, I can't read it

o0O0o.o0O0o
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Any thing is () is a comment to you to, check you have understanding of what im saying
What was not to understand,

bad marks.(got that bit if not read again is so carry on reading)

look at my Reputation the last 3 i have got have been for people being stupid
(so this is look at my last 3 reputation got carry on).

I have

(Ok so this is my last 3 reputation got it)

now what the hell was so hard about under standing that
This is all english maybe not perfect grammer but it is perfectly good enuff to read if not learn english

Don't worry about the neagtive reps , they are not going to credit your Bank account or reduce your Grade in school.

Just Post your questions in the forums , If someone else doesn't understand the question , there is every possibility that some other person will and he answers that . Negative rep can be given by anyone , not just moderators. Moderators only ,can give, infractions. I hope you r not familar with that TERM(or maybe soon ;)

I was also the victim of moderator's brutality before. I think we will start a Anti-moderator forum and i will be the moderator of that :D

But without punctuation, I can't read it

Apply some FUZZY LOGIC

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum