View Full Version : Site promotion

02-15-2003, 03:39 AM
What are some good ways to get my site out there? Besdies search engines and stuff, I'm a little stumped.

02-15-2003, 08:39 AM
I'd focus on search engines first, make sure you get into a good directory in yahoo, for places like altavista that search your site automatically get the meta tags in order and make sure the content doubles some key words, also you should try to get linked to from as many sites as you can as that pushes your rating up.
You can also pay engines (I think it quite cheap but I've never tryed) to show your link on certain words.. depending on your sites content there are web-rings you could join and forums you could post in.

That's about all I can think of, will be watching this thread lol, it's an important subject.

02-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Go to other forums, you find some wierd and interesting people in them with even wierder web sites.

02-15-2003, 04:58 PM
dont just a forget® your 'emale' footer tooo...:O)))

02-16-2003, 05:46 AM
Well, there are hundreds of ways to promote your site. Just doing a web search on "site promotion" will return a half million sites alone.

Most are online promotions...some offline...like sticking your url in the rear window of your car. :D

PS - Some States are considering 7-8 characters for license plates and even including a dot...haw haw! :cool:

02-16-2003, 05:59 AM
Whatever you do do, *don't* pay a company to submit your site to hundreds of SEs - at best it doesn't help, at medium they get it wrong, at worst the spamming techniques of a minority get you banned from those engines.

But of course - spam-like mass submission tactics are not the same as site optimisation - these are usually reputable companies who give genuine advice, and don't promise specific rankings, which no-one can.

You can do a lot of it yourself - get a text-only browser, look at your site, and you'll get a good idea of what a robot sees ..

02-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by zoobie Some States are considering 7-8 characters for license plates and even including a dot...haw haw! :cool: [/B]

/me just a whispers® to zoo...
/me doesss just a have® one of 'those'...
...nowww /me just a needs® to earn the $$$ to buyyy the car to just a put® it on...:O)))

btw...hoping ya can just a read® /mes post...aka its done via just a netscrap4.7...rotflmao!!!

02-16-2003, 03:03 PM
lol you brought a plate without a car... :D

@ Whoever made this thread, try sponsoring other websites. I know webhosttalk.com are looking for sponsors.

06-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Here is an easy way, my website hosts a Banner Exchange which has gotten extremely popular, of course there are advantages to banner exchanges and there are disadvantages, so take a look if you like it sign up. http://www.goradic.com/bannerexchange

06-12-2003, 06:42 PM
put the address everywhere the company ro whoever noramal puts there contact details, like on email footers, business cards etc.