View Full Version : Photoshop: Automate task

CaptainB
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi,

I have a copyright notice that I would like to insert like 5px above the bottom of the image and 5 px from the right side of the image. Is there an option to automate that task in Photoshop? I'm tired of doing it manually with 100s of pictures.

abduraooft
08-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Have a look at Photoshop actions (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/digitalphotography/l/blps_batch.htm)

CaptainB
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks, I got it partly working. I can now resize the images with actions. However, how would I do if I have my copyright-text (as a new layer/image) in another document and want to paste that on the position described above? It did not work when I recorded that I moved the copyright from another doc into my image.

CaptainB
08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I tried to make the copyright-image a pattern, which I painted on a new layer and positioned above the image layer, however that didn't work either. Does anybody know how to come around this issue? I havn't been able to google it either.

soap_box
08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Will this work?

Start your action

type out a copyright layer (OR open a copyright overlay layer you made earlier and c+p it into image)

Now select the move tool (V)

select all (ctrl +a)

now use the buttons along the top to align right and align bottom.

deselect

transform the layer (ctrl+t)

use the transform toolbar at the top to change the X and Y position values to -5.0px

stop action.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum