View Full Version : I need your feedback
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Greeting for All!
I have set up my website for 2 months and I want to get feedback from you.
Please kindly review my website and give my suggestion of improvement
Thanx so much
08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
- It looks like one of those sites, that talks about Google & e-commerce etc...
- The 'G' in the logo. It looks, distorted.
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... too many ads! Especially the animated variety. They're annoying and can decay users stay.
- The background looks very web1.0
- Your service looks very web1.0
- Your site boasts valid XHTML, but in fact it isn't valid. Validator (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glance.uni.cc%2F)
- CSS is valid :thumbsup:
It's an OK site.
Design: 3/10 (an average score, worked out purely on # of good & # of bad points.
Technical: 5/10 (5 for valid CSS, 5 knocked off for invalid X/HTML, in case you wondered)
All the best with the site, Moodle.
08-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanx, your feedback is really helpful. I will make modifications soon
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM
- Change the favicon or disable it, no need to have the Joomla logo next to your site name.
- Like Moodle said, the logo isn't terribly great. Having the G be pixelized isn't ideal; try some other effect.
- Don't have flashing or otherwise annoyingly animated GIFs ANYWHERE. Nowadays they just scream "I'M A LAST GENERATION WEBSITE!!!!" (Note the 4 exclamation points, also something to avoid :p)
- The site hit counter image also is rather outdated, best to remove it all together. Basically the whole "Site Statistics" section could be removed along with it.
- Somehow every single one of your advertisements slips through my Adblock Plus (which is good, I think :))
- Your site doesn't validate
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM
It took too many seconds to load where most pages I go to are 1/3 the time. Perhaps the over abundance of ads caused that. It's good to get the money, but if people are turned off it will ultimately kill the site.
On the whole I liked it.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.