View Full Version : Making a browser without the internet browsing

Millenia
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I had a ridiculous idea, but I don't think it's possible. If I make a web browser, that instead of being able to read HTML, it just displays it in text. So when you type the URL of a site, instead of opening it, it displays the code. Maybe not the stuff that could be exploited, like database passwords etc. But is it possible in any way? I don't think it is, but just checking.

brad211987
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
This is definately possible. Most languages have some sort of API to interact with and get web pages. Usually this results in you having some sort of data structure that contains the HTML code of the site. All you would have to do is display the code in a window from there. I've done similar with ruby, but haven't found a need for this type of functionality in anything that I do regularly. I would study up on the networking tools provided by whatever language you are interested in.

Millenia
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
but haven't found a need for this type of functionality in anything that I do regularly.

What I'm thinking of making is unbelievably useless, but I just want to do it because I can.

brad211987
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Because I can is the best reason! :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum