View Full Version : Uploading dirs (multiple files) - browsin' the local filesystem

djbruno
02-14-2003, 02:25 AM
I made a script to update my site that actually deletes some files and rename some directories. As I couldn't get it to delete these files using the unlink function, I have gone with the ftp functions, and placed the script under a 'secure' directory (.htaccess) to prevent leaking my ftp login/passwd.

I would like to upload a dir that contains a lot of files (pictures) and another subdir that also contain a lot of files (thumbnails).

Is there anyway to use the script to browse my local disk, get the file names and put them using FTP?

No trouble using the ftp_ functions, just dont know how to (if possible) read the contents of some directory in my local hard disk.

GoHF
02-16-2003, 11:20 PM
You are not the first one to come across this problem :)

I've been successful in reading a dir for all its files using ActiveX.

But then I came across another problem. You can't change the values of an <input type=file>. You can't:

a) <input type=file value=File>, it won't accept the value field

b) <body onload=getElementById('fileField').value='File'>
<input type=file id=fileField>
</body>, It will also do nothing.

File fields are not programable, mostly for security reasons, as you would be able to retrieve things from users computers without their permission.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum