View Full Version : Convert HTML into xHTML

cyphix
08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey guys..... I'm using a WYSIWYG editor on a site & problem is it doesn't output the HTML in xHTML so I was wondering if there was any available solutions currently around for this? AFAIK there isn't any in-built functions for this.

Thanks!

infinivert
08-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, there is a utility called Tidy that converts HTML to XHTML, but truthfully, you'd be better off investing a little time into learning HTML / XHTML. WYSIWYG editors are notorious for outputting horrific code.

Learning is pretty simple, and there are a ton of free sources on the web. I'd start at w3schools.com

--Josh

cyphix
08-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey..... sorry I should have been more clear..... I'm already experienced in xHTML/HTML..... but I am using a WYSIWYG editor in an application for a client but the problem is the code it generates is in HTML & not xHTML & hence I wanted to feed the output into a converter function before inserting the data into the database.

Cheers!

oesxyl
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, there is a utility called Tidy that converts HTML to XHTML, but truthfully, you'd be better off investing a little time into learning HTML / XHTML. WYSIWYG editors are notorious for outputting horrific code.

Learning is pretty simple, and there are a ton of free sources on the web. I'd start at w3schools.com

--Josh

Hey..... sorry I should have been more clear..... I'm already experienced in xHTML/HTML..... but I am using a WYSIWYG editor in an application for a client but the problem is the code it generates is in HTML & not xHTML & hence I wanted to feed the output into a converter function before inserting the data into the database.

Cheers!
could be a solution, as infinivert said:

php tidy (http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.tidy.php)

or modify the editor if you have access to source. If it generate valid html 4.01 could be simple to make it generate xhtml.

regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum