View Full Version : Pop-Out Menu Help

08-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I was wondering how I can make a menu that pops out when you click something (an arrow). Could someone please post some code below for a single box pop out (right) and a single box pop down (down, duh)? If I have some code, I can easily modify it to suit my needs.

If you need to know anything else, please let me know!

08-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I think that this is what you want except with an onClick:
Is that right?
If it is, to make it onClick:
The following is in themmenu.js.
At the top of the code you'll see something like this, the red isn't in the script, add it to the script:

if (typeof window.attachEvent=='object'){
document.write('<!--[if lte IE 6]>\n'+
'<script type="text/javascript">\n'+
'var ie6_or_less=1;\n'+
'<!--[if lt IE 5.5]>\n'+
'<script type="text/javascript">\n'+
'var less_than_ie5_5=1;\n'+

var menu=[], resizereinit=true;
var dete;
function truebody(){
return (document.compatMode && document.compatMode!="BackCompat")? document.documentElement : document.body;

Add the red in.

And then almost at the bottom of the page you'll see something like this:

var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onmouseover="movein(this);" onmouseout="moveout(this);"><div><table>\n';

Replace it with this:

var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onclick="if(dete) { movein(this); dete = false; } else { moveout(this); dete = true; }"><div><table>\n';

08-17-2008, 07:01 PM
That's not exactly what I want. If I could hide that under an image, that'd be great.

I have an arrow. >> and when you click it, I want a menu to pop out to the side and say "hey, blah blah blah". That's more of an "always in your face" type of thing, I want mine to be more subtle and kind of like "if you know about it good, but no one's going to tell you".

Does that make sense?