View Full Version : Pop-Out Menu Help

Murdok09
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I was wondering how I can make a menu that pops out when you click something (an arrow). Could someone please post some code below for a single box pop out (right) and a single box pop down (down, duh)? If I have some code, I can easily modify it to suit my needs.

If you need to know anything else, please let me know!

Nile
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that this is what you want except with an onClick:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/omnislide/index.htm
Is that right?
If it is, to make it onClick:
The following is in themmenu.js.
At the top of the code you'll see something like this, the red isn't in the script, add it to the script:

if (typeof window.attachEvent=='object'){
document.write('<!--[if lte IE 6]>\n'+
'<script type="text/javascript">\n'+
'var ie6_or_less=1;\n'+
'<\/script>\n'+
'<![endif]-->\n'+
'<!--[if lt IE 5.5]>\n'+
'<script type="text/javascript">\n'+
'var less_than_ie5_5=1;\n'+
'<\/script>\n'+
'<![endif]-->')
}

var menu=[], resizereinit=true;
var dete;
function truebody(){
return (document.compatMode && document.compatMode!="BackCompat")? document.documentElement : document.body;
}

Add the red in.

And then almost at the bottom of the page you'll see something like this:

var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onmouseover="movein(this);" onmouseout="moveout(this);"><div><table>\n';

Replace it with this:

var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onclick="if(dete) { movein(this); dete = false; } else { moveout(this); dete = true; }"><div><table>\n';

Murdok09
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
That's not exactly what I want. If I could hide that under an image, that'd be great.

I have an arrow. >> and when you click it, I want a menu to pop out to the side and say "hey, blah blah blah". That's more of an "always in your face" type of thing, I want mine to be more subtle and kind of like "if you know about it good, but no one's going to tell you".

Does that make sense?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum