View Full Version : POP3 readers

Blaher
08-08-2008, 04:53 AM
I'm looking for a library to connect me to a pop3 server to retrieve mail. I've tried a few classes I've found on phpclasses.org and they didn't work out that great. The ones I tried were extremely slow for some reason and didn't have the functionality I needed.

I'm looking for a library to connect me to a pop3 server, with a setting to choose the port. Retrieve mail, with functions that will only retrieve sent on, date, subject, from, and the actual message. The one I had before sent the entire email encoding, and it was hard for me to code the information out since each email was in somewhat of a different format for the header.

Any suggestions?
If you have any, I thank you in advanced.

Liew2020
08-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Let goto SourceForge.net, search for a application "pinoyphpmail".
I'm not sure whether it sounds helpful for you, but the application help you to retrieve emails from POP3 server. :)

infinivert
08-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the application?

--Josh

Liew2020
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
it is a open source email client system, allow you to retrieve email from your mail server (will leave a copy on the server0, and also allow you to send out email. It is a useful tool for those who looking for a simple and effective email client. :thumbsup:

hinch
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
just use squirrelmail save your sanity instead of writing one :)

Blaher
08-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry for being so late on posting a reply to this, but I almost forgot about this. I'm not looking for another client just a library. I'm making my own email application online for users to connect to several email servers and only needing to go to one website to do so. The site is http://www.blahertech.org/dev/mail/ if you want to see what I'm doing. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific of why I needed the library.

hinch
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
as i said use squirrel mail and just reskin it - can be configured to allow users to have multiple mailservers

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum