View Full Version : Stopping iMacros

ole90
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey guys,

Pesky buggers over at cheatsites are making iMacros to play my site. I was wondering if anyone had any tips (my site is in PHP, so i want to add some bot measures) on how to stop them :X? I don't want to implement captcha alllll over the site because it gets annoying to users. Is there anything else i can add :X?

derzok
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I think it depends on what the macros are doing that you don't want them to do. Are they using it to flood a forum/blog? Send emails? or what?

You might consider adding a flood protection so that when a user is logged in they can only do certain actions every X seconds. Just check and reset a $_SESSION variable with the current time() every time they try to do something. If time()-$_SESSION['var'] is under 60 seconds, deny the user access.

ole90
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
They are using it to play games and such :X Like, we have a game called Higher and Lower where they just tell the macro to click higher all the time :X

oesxyl
08-08-2008, 01:41 AM
They are using it to play games and such :X Like, we have a game called Higher and Lower where they just tell the macro to click higher all the time :X
where did you know that is imacros and not a user?

regards

Jason_Biggs
09-25-2008, 09:45 PM
i have the same issue on a site. you have an input button, and can set imacros to click on it over and over. added a security code feature, but they are finding ways around it.

is there a way to detect or disable these programs/addons?

i know for a fact that they are using imacros for ie and ff addons.

Jason_Biggs
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
i still need an answer......

oesxyl
11-07-2008, 02:49 PM
i still need an answer......
setup a captcha?

regards

Jason_Biggs
11-12-2008, 04:09 AM
......added a security code feature, but they are finding ways around it.

already did. found a way to reset session time in the macro script which also resets capatcha.

i would prefer to not have one at all.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum