View Full Version : Select multiple values without using options

08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi All,

How can i select multiple values in a form without using options.I want to select more than one image from a table and submit those selected values as a request to the next page.I don't want to use the select box for this.
Can u please help me about this?

Thanks in advance

08-05-2008, 12:15 PM
can you be more specific? probably some example code...
"to select more than one image from a table"?

08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Use following code to select multiple image name from the list-

print "Select Items: <select name=test[] size=5 multiple >
<option value=item1 >item1</option>
<option value=item2 >item2</option>
<option value=item3 >item3</option>
<option value=item4 >item4</option>
<option value=item5 >item5</option>
<option value=item6 >item6</option>
<option value=item7 >item7</option>
print "<br>\n";
print "(Shif+Right Mouse) for multiple selection<br>\n";
print "<br>\n";

I hope this is what u were looking for.

08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
ok i will explain....

I want to select and upload more than one image from a form and the selected values can be send as request to the next page.But when i using select with multiple options it takes a select bar.I dont want to use the select bar and want to display all the images in a table and want to select multiple images from that.

08-05-2008, 12:47 PM
well, as ssonawa posted
if you use 'multiple' attribute it becomes a listbox not a dropdownlist
and you should append '[]' to its name
btw multiple should have the value 'multiple', not required but bad style and invalid xhtml

08-05-2008, 12:47 PM
No i dont want the select bar.I want to display the predefined images in a table and select among them and want to upload.

08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
If i use like this multiple[].How can i display thumbnail images in the list box.Can u please tell me?

08-05-2008, 07:47 PM
if you mean that you want to display their actual images for upload into a table and select from them which one's to upload, you could do this....

put the imahges into a table and use a checkbox beneath each one. the checkbox should pass the value realtive to the image so that the next script can work out which image to upload.