View Full Version : jQuery scrollTo plugin

08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I've gone through the documentation for the ScrollTo plugin, checked the source code where others are using it, tried localscroll and serialscroll... somehow I just can't get started, no matter what.

Is there any step-by-step guide for scrollTo? I've actually been needing to use serialScroll but since I somehow wasn't able to use it, I figured I'd start out with localScroll. No luck there either! Surely it's just a matter of linking the js and adding a few lines on document.ready...?? I'm using other jquery plugins fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Trying out the simplest thing here for localscroll, and just to see the scroll happen I have gigantic font and added lots of line breaks (not shown here):

<a href="#1" id="first">First </a><br />
<a href="#2" id="second">Second </a><br />
<a href="#3" id="third">Third </a><br />
<a href="#4" id="fourth">Fourth </a><br />

<li id="1"> Somwhere over the rainbow</li>
<li id="2"> Skies are blue</li>
<li id="3"> Birds fly over the rainbow</li>
<li id="4"> Why then oh why can't I?</li>

This is the easiest thing possible that I tried, and then comes the error that localScroll is not a valid function.

I've included every single file there can be related to scrollTo, including the interface plugin. I'm not using anything apart from jquery, no prototype or anything else.

08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
You did embed the jQuery and scrollTo libraries, right? Before you called the function? And should the the $.localScroll(); be inside a document.onload=? Forgive me if thats what $(document).ready(function(){ does; I'm not too familiar with jQuery.