View Full Version : PHP + Apache Oddness

Y-STU-K
02-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Ok i have a little problem with PHP and Apache

i was using Apache 2 and PHP 4.3. I am not anymore.

Now my reason for this is that when i uploaded them to my web host runing apache 1.3.somthing i noticed the addslashes() function was no longer working!!!!

So i decided to experiment for myself. I am no running Apache 1.3.somthing and low and behold addslashes() does not work!!!!

So basically my problem is this. Is there something else i need to enable in my PHP.ini to get PHP to do the adding of slashes, becuase i'll be damned if i know how.

The other thing on a side note anyone know how to configure PHP from a .htaccess file i know it can be done know any tutorials?

mordred
02-12-2003, 05:17 PM
IIRC support for Apache2 is still experimental and their are some issues with it. I don't know though if the addslashes() function is one of those things affected.

In what manner does the erroneous behaviour of addslashes() manifest? I mean, does your server crash, do you get a fatal error or are simply no slashes added to the string? Have you got some source code that we can have a look at?

Y-STU-K
02-12-2003, 05:22 PM
i just get no slashes added to my strings, which i must say is most odd and more than irritating :S

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum