View Full Version : Solution, simple cart, Payment Gateway Api,

07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
I am trying to figure out how to make the worlds simplest cart to work with and existing Api.PHP that was given to me by my merchant account/gateway.

I have one product with a set price. I do not need, a catalog page, product details page or all of the other parts that come with shopping carts.

I know that form collects the user info and then uses the post method to the api.php.

My question is, can it be a simple html form, with no database connection or anything. Does the form fields have to be assigned php variables?

Thank you,

07-22-2008, 12:38 AM
you do not need a database connection....you could do it via ftp...
save each file as
then to call that you could use preg_match(); to look for a specific id or specific username or even a partial match could be made.....

and for you form question are you refering to POST and GET variables?

07-22-2008, 01:39 AM
You don't need a database or FTP if you don't want it. Simply post the details like you mentioned before.

07-22-2008, 02:00 AM
well then you can not prove any orders were made etc.....you should at least give it ftp or DB capabilities. just my opinion

07-22-2008, 03:06 AM
thank you all, I will work on it some, and see if I can get it to work.

07-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Yes I am getting the Post Variable of html mixed up with the direct post method the Api uses with the gateway. I basically just want to feed the user iput to the gateway through the api.