View Full Version : Viewing psd layers outwith Photoshop

brazenskies
07-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I work for a mapping company, which creates custom wall maps and map data for clients.

We are trying to find a way for to send out map samples to clients including all layers so they can get a better understanding of what's going on and for them to see samples in greater detail.

Is there any bits of free software out there that will allow someone to open up a psd file and view each layer? It has to be free and a reasonably small download.

Any ideas? Cheers y'all in advance

fside
07-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Wouldn't Photoshop Elements still be less than $100? I don't know.

o0O0o.o0O0o
07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Just try Irfan View if you want them see psd file without photoshop

sTyleSHA
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Going Simple..Saving in pdf format with layers option enabled and opening in Acrobat Reader fulfils your need. right ?

oesxyl
07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I work for a mapping company, which creates custom wall maps and map data for clients.

We are trying to find a way for to send out map samples to clients including all layers so they can get a better understanding of what's going on and for them to see samples in greater detail.

Is there any bits of free software out there that will allow someone to open up a psd file and view each layer? It has to be free and a reasonably small download.

Any ideas? Cheers y'all in advance
not sure because I don't work with psd, but try gimp. There is both windows and linux versions, is free, I know it can open psd file but I'm not sure how much details can offer.
I don't know but is simple to check if there is a mac port for gimp.

regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum