View Full Version : TheClevelandShow.info

I <3 Lamp
07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Please let me know what you think. I bought this domain and added the layout/content yesterday all in about 5 hours so hopefully it's not that awful and can fetch me a small profit.

URL is www.theclevelandshow.info

Millenia
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM
The only major problem for me is the fact that the logo/banner is of really bad quality. If you improve the banner then I think it will look good.

I <3 Lamp
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Ya I had it as a much smaller size and just quickly resized it. I may go back later and try to redo it. Problem is there's basically only one image of the text and I had to cut it out of it which is always a pain :/

Millenia
07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Why not find the font for that text and do it yourself?

Apostropartheid
07-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm concerned about your typographic style.
For starters, the captials are over-used and quite redundant. Use italicization instead, or small caps, and only where they're needed.
Have a paragraph indent and spacing between paragraphs is overkill. I'd drop the indent—the general style on the web—as it seems a bit out of place.

There are too many ads. They're double the height of the content! I can see the point in one of the adsense modules, but three?

Finally, I don't see licensing information anywhere...

I <3 Lamp
07-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Why not find the font for that text and do it yourself?

Are you joking? I'm assuming you just didn't visit the site with such a stupid comment...

I'm concerned about your typographic style.
For starters, the captials are over-used and quite redundant. Use italicization instead, or small caps, and only where they're needed.
Have a paragraph indent and spacing between paragraphs is overkill. I'd drop the indent—the general style on the web—as it seems a bit out of place.

There are too many ads. They're double the height of the content! I can see the point in one of the adsense modules, but three?

Finally, I don't see licensing information anywhere...

I got rid of the caps/indenting and I agree with you I think it is for the best.

I designed this site purely for the intention of adsense ... err I mean to bring great content to all my fans ;)

Good call on licensing I'm going to add a footer later today with a more prominent link to my site and a disclaimer.

Millenia
07-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Are you joking? I'm assuming you just didn't visit the site with such a stupid comment...

Umm, you assume I didn't visit the site...have a look a few posts up, maybe you will see a post by me...So pardon me, don't you think your the fool here...

The only major problem for me is the fact that the logo/banner is of really bad quality. If you improve the banner then I think it will look good.

:thumbsup:

I <3 Lamp
07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh my bad, I just don't see how you think it's as simple as that when clearly I wanted the official text of the show...

Millenia
07-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Well I wondered if you could like, get the font (if there is one), curve it to that shape and add some blending options. May not turn out as good, but worth a try.

logictrap
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Header logo needs to be de-jaggied.

No Home button.

Might look better with 5-10 pixels more padding around the left content area.

Overall it's kind of plain, but it doesn't look bad.

I <3 Lamp
07-18-2008, 10:53 PM
There is no home page. About takes you to the root file.

logictrap
07-19-2008, 02:07 AM
That's fine if you prefer to not have a 'home' page, but most visitors will probably find it confusing.

I <3 Lamp
07-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Just redid the banner and renamed the "About" link to "Home/About"

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum