View Full Version : Associating a check box with an input box

dragon6158
07-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Hello,
I have a form with several input boxes that some of the information occasionally needs to be emailed. I was trying to use check boxes to allow the user to choose what information gets sent but I have not been able to figure out how to associate a check box with a specific input box. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Don

jerry62704
07-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, it is possible, but it will require coding. Try the javascript forum.

ohgod
07-17-2008, 07:39 PM
what are you using as the mailer? if you're using php or something it's as simple as an if statement. you just set a condition on whether or not that box is checked.

macwiz
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
what are you using as the mailer? if you're using php or something it's as simple as an if statement. you just set a condition on whether or not that box is checked.

You could also do that in JavaScript.

Apostropartheid
07-17-2008, 10:02 PM
You could also do that in JavaScript.
But JavaScript can be turned off, which equals angry emails when the wrong stuff is sent.

macwiz
07-17-2008, 11:10 PM
But JavaScript can be turned off, which equals angry emails when the wrong stuff is sent.

That is why I love Server-Side JavaScript. It doesn't matter if the client has JavaScript turned off, as it is the server that is parsing and executing the code. The client just displays the results.

bazz
07-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Does that still apply when I have NoScript switched on in FF? I have avoided AJAX because I thought it, too, could be effectively disabled.

bazz

macwiz
07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Does that still apply when I have NoScript switched on in FF? I have avoided AJAX because I thought it, too, could be effectively disabled.

bazz

Take a look:
CSJS vs. SSJS (http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/JavaScript/Client-side-and-Server-side-JavaScript/3/)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum