View Full Version : First website of Portfolio

knight fyre
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I spent about eight hours working on this website. I'm trying to build up my portfolio and this is my first website for the portfolio.

Music of Life (http://knight.110mb.com/PORTFOLIO/Music is Life/index.htm)

Tell me what you like, offer constructive criticisms and suggestions.

Thanks.

PS: I'm having a problem with one minor issue. When I change the resolution of the size of the browser the text goes out of place. How do I fix this?

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM
The graphics are jagged. The color scheme doesn't seem to match at all. The text is out of place as you mentioned. This is because you've used absolute positioning on the info text.

The overall theme doesn't suggest that its a music site. I suggest you take a look at the CSS layout here: http://bonrouge.com/3c-hf-fixed.php

nathan130
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Add background music :) The coloring and stuff of the site is more peaceful so sont add rock or anything hardcore lol

nathan130
07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
<EMBED src="yourfile.mid" autostart="true" hidden="false" loop="false">
<noembed><bgsound src="yourfile.mid" loop="1"></noembed>

This can be for Background music if you want it

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
No don't add background music unless you give your users a way to turn it off. I wouldn't have it autostart either. This is annoying and can drive your users away.

rafiki
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
No don't add background music unless you give your users a way to turn it off. I wouldn't have it autostart either. This is annoying and can drive your users away.

Agreed I hate it when music starts playing and I don't know where its coming from.

Jeroentje
07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
The layout stretches out when using Firefox 2. Text becomes unreadable.

harbingerOTV
07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
PS: I'm having a problem with one minor issue. When I change the resolution of the size of the browser the text goes out of place. How do I fix this?

It's because of the absolute positioning. Check out the link Aero posted.

knight fyre
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'll fix it up when I get the chance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum