View Full Version : \Is there a sensible way to convert Word 2007 to html? NOT the WORD's built in offer.

effpeetee
07-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Fellow sufferers,

I have been given a Word 2007 document to convert to HTML. What is the best way to do this. This is likely to be a recurring chore so I really would like to get it nailed. My church secretary is very much pushing at the moment. Save me from gloom and doom. Purleeze.:eek:

I haven't got much longer down here. I don't want any snags when I move on!

Frank

rafiki
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
File -> Save as html document?

binaryWeapon
07-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Go to: Office icon > Save as > Other formats > go to the dropdown list and select your format

There are many to choose from, all in the corrupt Microsoft IE implementation and their own unique file formats... :p Generally they work crossbrowser to an extent. Just choose "Web Page". Not perfect, but adequate. I mean, I made an EMPTY PAGE, and this is the code it spat out:

Sorry, can't post the code, it was 2000 characters long all by itself....

There are also various utilities that you can buy that perform similar functions.

effpeetee
07-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Rafiki and Binary weapon.

Totally useless. Almost impossible to maintain. It's just a joke.

I must find a much better, quicker way. The code it produces is incomprehensible to me.
HTML and CSS I can live with, but this gibberish - YUK.

Thanks anyway.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Frank I gave you a few links already about this that convert okay.

effpeetee
07-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Aero, I must have missed them. Could you give them again.
Sorry, just getting old I'm afraid.

Frank

EDIT: I have found the reference and have added it to my Sources/Useful Oddments. program.

Simplifying Word XP HTML (http://www.actinia.me.uk/XPFilter/XPFilter.php)

Seems to work with Vista.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum