07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Its finished (Almost just few things to finish:D) and is in the "air" and LIVE, so plz make a visit and give your feedback plz, would be appreciated, negative/positive comments are welcome 2 :D
The Gathering (http://thegathering.net63.net/)
07-09-2008, 08:59 PM
What is so special about a forum & a premade template?
I think it sizes way to big, and your header does'nt really look like a banner to me.
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Made few changes, the layout, new logo, and few others. I Easier to read now
Thanks for ur comments :thumbsup:
07-13-2008, 06:45 PM
The site loaded very slowly for me.
You should put some background colors on the boxes with lighter text so that it is readable until the graphic loads.
Its just clunky, and gives the user no direction as to where to go or what to do. There is a small little text blurb that says something about UFOs and stuff, so if that is the theme make it obvious! The title gives you no idea, there is no clear subject or topic, and there are no images to give the visitor any direction.
07-13-2008, 07:51 PM
- The logo bg color does not match the background color (it should be a gradient)
- There is bad color-contrast in many places over the site, where the text color is too similar to the bg color
- Your icons weren't made very well, because on many of them there is a slight white border around them, looks very amateur. This also is a problem on the google logo.
- The "column close" icon doesn't represent expanding/closing a column to me
- The "browsed pages" looks like an amateur hit counter, at the very least use normal text numbers not images, but the best solution would be to remove it altogether.
- The AJAX site monitor is not needed for the general public. Many of whom possibly wouldn't know what AJAX is
- Marquees are generally seen as amateur. Maybe some slick fading effects instead of the scrolling marquee
- The logo looks very amateur. It takes seconds to make in the GIMP, or even with online tools to produce that exact effect. I suggest a more original logo.
- Way too many tables for layout bloat the code, and possibly slow the loading times
- Doesn't validate
07-13-2008, 07:58 PM
The highlighted date on the calendar matches the color of the text so you can really see what date it is. You would need to look at the surrounding dates.
07-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Still making change in the portal as few of u said I took some modules off 2.
Thanks all for the comments & ideas I really apreciate ;)
07-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Front page updated & changed and link changed 2:
The Gathering (http://thegathering.net63.net/phpBB3/portal.php)
07-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I must say, it looks MUCH better.
- The main header (with the title in it) should be smaller or the title should be bigger - in other words, less empty space in the header.
- I don't particularly like the "this image has been resized" bars
- Where it says "Wordgraph", you should say "Tag Cloud", tag cloud is the more recognized name.
- Doesn't validate: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://thegathering.net63.net/phpBB3/portal.php, http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://thegathering.net63.net/phpBB3/portal.php
- Tables for layout :(