View Full Version : Revolutionary Website Project (Need assistance)

07-01-2008, 07:45 PM

I'm asking any of you here if you'd like to participate in this project I'm working on. It's called Omni - and its a website that basically condenses the internet. It's got all the major aspects of the internet, photo, video, social networking as well as a 'Me' section which is going to be a personalized site for them, and OmniLocale which is a section that includes events in the persons town as well as weather and time and other information.

It's going to be a big project, think the new google but with style and much more content, but it in a semi-minimalisitc, simple way.

I'm going to need people to help me a lot with code, as I don't code websites just computer programs, so I'm going to need a lot of PHP and Flash people to help me, I might also need SQL and JavaScript developers.

The design and layout is mainly me and I've included a demo version below:

So if this sounds interesting, please reply - because honestly I need all the help I can get.

Thank you!

07-01-2008, 08:49 PM
It's called a portal and yahoo are the leading providers. There is also iGoogle for the minimalistic types, like me.

It will also take at least a year to build with a group of developers. If you were hiring people this would cost 10s of thousands of USD.

Good look, but i seriously doubt anyone would take on so much work for nothing.

07-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, it's called a portal, but your design looks ace.
If it becomes a success, I would probably use it.