View Full Version : Dreamweaver/Fireworks CS4 beta

VIPStephan
07-01-2008, 09:18 AM
At Adobe Labs (http://labs.adobe.com) there are new public betas for Dreamweaver and Fireworks (2 day trial w/o serial). Looks very promising from what Iíve read.

gnomeontherun
07-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Hmmm I like some of those features, but will it be big enough of a change to upgrade?

It looks like if you have CS3 you can use it unlimited until it is officially released too.

jack-art
07-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I am looking forward to Dreamweaver/Fireworks CS4 New features:)

evo
07-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Why not embed fireworks into photoshop and unite the two, seems strange having them seperate?

Apostropartheid
07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I would think they wouldn’t primarily due to cost for the end user? They’re intended to do different things, and a photographer doesn’t need Fireworks so wouldn’t pay the extra few hundred added onto the end of the price.

demtron
07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I have heard rumblings on and off about Fireworks being killed off ever since Macormedia and Adobe merged. With CS4, I suppose it's staying around for a while. Does anyone here know anything more about the future of Fireworks at this point?

croatiankid
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Does anyone here know anything more about the future of Fireworks at this point?

Not me, I just hope it stays.

DW has a few new features I like. I don't see anything attractive in (the new features for) FW.

VIPStephan
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I’ve read discussions about ideas of Adobe to create one huge all-in-one application that unites Illustrator and Photoshop features but as CyanLight said (and the discussion members concluded) it would lack the flexibility for the user to buy/install what they need. You don’t need a huge program that can do everything and will cost a fortune if you’re just gonna do certain specific things.

Grant Palin
07-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I have both of these installed, thanks to buying Web CS3 a year ago...and now CS4 is on the horizon - ouch!

It is nice that we CS3 users can use the CS4 betas up until they are released, I do like that.

I haven't delved into them too deeply yet, but I see they have an interface update to be more in line with the rest of CS3. So far as Dreamweaver, updated CSS support is always good. I see it has some Subversion integration now - that could be useful, I have to try it out.

Grant Palin
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Iíve read discussions about ideas of Adobe to create one huge all-in-one application that unites Illustrator and Photoshop features but as CyanLight said (and the discussion members concluded) it would lack the flexibility for the user to buy/install what they need. You donít need a huge program that can do everything and will cost a fortune if youíre just gonna do certain specific things.

Agreed, having multiple applications does provide more flexibility for the user, depending on their needs. Although I'm not opposed to try to balance out the features between applications so that they can each be somewhat specialized.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum