View Full Version : Security Forum

06-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Just a suggestion... this site is excellent and has tons of very knowledgeable users which is great. I was just wondering if it would be possible to add a web security forum. I am designing a php application and I am genuinely surprised at how little there is on the topic out there. I think it would be a good place for people to post their security best practices..

06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Do you mean a general security forum accommodating all scripting languages (PHP, ASP, JavaScript etc)? Even with such broad coverage, I'm not sure there are enough security "experts" here on CF to make it truly useful.

06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't think a security forum would work I'm afraid to say. Security is such a broad term - networking, physical, application, language specific etc. The big one being the language specific security, they are just too targetted for each language. You really are better off asking any security questions in the actual language thats in use.

Well, looks like WA got in there first.

07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
We might need a forum for requesting forums..........

07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
We might need a forum for requesting forums.......... I agree, and I'm sure that WA can't say his usual excuses this time. :D

07-01-2008, 10:24 PM
As the others have said, security is a broad topic. Doesn't need its own forum, security issues can go under the forum that applies to that kind of security (sql security in sql section, javascript security in JS section, etc.)