View Full Version : Review: Are my site pages loading fast?
06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I have a web site with shared hosting and I doubt if the site pages are loading fast or not.
I think I should move to a dedicated server.
Please check my site http://cbtopsites.com and some of its pages and inform me if they are loading fast or not.
Please also suggest me about design and other aspects of the site.
Please post your comments about anything related to the site.
I really wish to improve the site and make it user friendly.
So, Hearty welcome to Any type of Negative comments / replies.
Please suggest modifications or Improvements..
Thanks a lot.
The domain looks like a parked domain, but the pages run very fast.
It looks really cluttered and everything is everywhere and would turn off a user from your site.
The navigation is a bit tacky.
The navigation down the side is slowing the page down and making it jumpy when a user scrolls down the page.
From the positive negative comments to the positive positive comments:
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Pages load fast, but it is all a bit jumbled and the color scheme/logo/design leaves a little to be desired.
06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Thank you for your replies.
Since I have designed the site myself, I don't really understand what is jumbled and which color scheme is not good and where I should modify.
That is the reason why asked for your reviews.
Since you are viewing my site from a visitor perspective, you can tell better about what to modify.
Please give some tips and suggestions about what to modify, which colors to use etc..
I really need your suggestions.
06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
It loads fast, as it should for a page thats around 100k.
Ok I'm going to give you a few opinions.
- The colors are very harsh to the eye, I would soften them or rethink the light blue and light green choices.
- A 100% Safe and Secure website should make you feel safe and secure. I can't tell if you are giving things away for free (like on the right column) or if you are going to charge me. I would suggest being more clear about that.
- The logo/branding on the top changes on pages. Your visitors will be confused by this. It needs to be something that looks clean.
- The navigation its a bit awkward, and it breaks in a weird way on my screen. It actually cuts the Society & Culture link onto two lines. I think it could be more clearly designed.
- It seems like overkill to have the contact us form at the bottom of every page, perhaps it can be used for something else?
- Make it clear that your site doesn't host the files, and that when you click on the link that I will be sent to another site. You can use a little icon with your links (the little square with an arrow pointing out) to show its opening an external site.
- In short, it does have a lot of the features of a landing page. If you take the time to clean it up and make usability your key, we will know its not a landing page. Landing pages are clunky and seem to lack in an intuitive interface.
The key is to let your visitors feel like you have taken the time to think for them, and that you have taken precautions to ensure their safety. It is in the title of being safe, but what does that mean? I'm not using a secure link, although visitors might not realize that, but what have you done to make it safe? Does it matter if it is 'safe' if you are redirecting your visitors to other sites, or does it matter that people can find things quickly and without much thinking?
I suggest having someone who hasn't seen the site before sit down with you behind him/her. Then give them a few tasks, like 'find a book about your favorite hobby' and 'how many books can you find about money?' to give you an idea how people visit your site. Its called usability testing, and it can shed a lot of light into exactly what parts of the site are functional and what parts are confusion. Try it with several people if you can.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.