View Full Version : Need help with this free php software

KevinG
02-07-2003, 02:01 PM
I have php and mySQL running fine on our win2000 server, i went through the set up of phpee. Only problem is SOME of my pages are getting these errors -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: open(D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata\sess_e62e63c74b20b5afbe6c14cbadd23eca, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\main.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\main.php:162) in D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\modules\usercreate.php on line 66

Warning: open(D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata\sess_e62e63c74b20b5afbe6c14cbadd23eca, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata) in Unknown on line 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i am doing wrong??? I've spent hours on this

bcarl314
02-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, taking these one at a time we get,

1) For some reason it can't find the session file. Go into your php.ini file and look for session.save_path and change it to something like d:/tmp and make a tmp directory on your d: dirve.

2) Headers already sent pretty much says it all. If you have a php file like this

<?php
print "Hello";
header("Content-type: text/html");
?>

The headers where sent on the "print" statement, then your sending them again with the header command. So basically the file coming down to the browser sees,
Content-type: text/html
Hello
Content-type: text/html

That's the problem. This can also happen with included files.

The last 2 are the same as the first.

One hint, when you modify the session.save_path, use forward slashes, back slashes tend to be view as "escape the next character".

So use D:/tmp and not D:\tmp

KevinG
02-07-2003, 03:10 PM
This what i changed -

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = c:\WINNT\temp

; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
session.save_path = D:/PHP4.2.1/sessiondata/tmp

and still no joy!

Does the problem soley lie in my php.ini file? I cannot figure what i'm doing wrong.

bcarl314
02-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, in the error message, it looks like you got a space in the session.save_path (D:\PHP4.2.(space)1\sessiondata\sess_e62e63c74b20b5afbe6c14cbadd23ec
a

That may be the problem, also does the d:/php4.2.1/sessiondata/tmp directory exist?

KevinG
02-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I've spent all weekend trying to get this to work, can somone please take a moment to explain how i can fix this?

these are the errors:

Warning: open(D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata\sess_29b378d18d5b626a87e07ce2fe601f18, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\main.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\main.php:162) in D:\inetpub\websites\WebsiteVRM\pphlogger\login.php on line 57

Warning: open(D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata\sess_29b378d18d5b626a87e07ce2fe601f18, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (D:\PHP4.2.1\sessiondata) in Unknown on line 0

I think step by step instructions would be most helpful. I have php installed on a win2000 machine.

KevinG
02-13-2003, 12:51 AM
btw, i got the counter software from www.phpee.com - but i give up trying to get rid of those above errors. does anyone know of a similar counter package??? or have an idea how i can get rid of those errors???

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum