View Full Version : Best Navigator?

wontgetlost
02-07-2003, 04:08 AM
What's the best, fastest and most reliable version of NN/NC?

meow
02-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Huh? Fastest - maybe v.2. Best standard support - the latest, always the latest. :D

ionsurge
02-07-2003, 05:16 PM
What on earth is NN? Netscape Navigator?

wontgetlost
02-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by ionsurge
What on earth is NN? Netscape Navigator?

Sorry, my fault:
NN= Netscape Navigator
NC= Netscape Communicator

I've downloaded NN7 and it sure comes with a lot of junk which I had to get rid of.
I'd just like to know which is the simplest version and doesn't come with a lot of extras which I don't need, and which one doesn't require me to register on line with Netscape.

jkd
02-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Phoenix. :p

Netscape 7 is based on Mozilla 1.0.1. Phoenix is currently on a Mozilla 1.3 nightly, but it is exactly what you want: a stripped down browser.

K-meleon is also another Gecko-based stripped-down browser, but I don't like it as much.

meow
02-07-2003, 08:30 PM
:thumbsup: I love K-Mel! If they only could work a tad faster. :(

wontgetlost
02-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by jkd
Phoenix. :p

Netscape 7 is based on Mozilla 1.0.1. Phoenix is currently on a Mozilla 1.3 nightly, but it is exactly what you want: a stripped down browser.

K-meleon is also another Gecko-based stripped-down browser, but I don't like it as much.

Woah!! Can it be true?? Did I actually receive a reply from the Super Kadooper Web Wizard and Master Moderator Himself?!?!
I am truely honored :)
How you been jkd? Still haunting the Message Boards I see :D

Well thanks for your idea and I am currently downloading the 6+M file and will be trying it out very soon. Can't wait!

ionsurge
02-08-2003, 12:37 PM
jkd posts all the time... :)

wontgetlost
02-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ionsurge
jkd posts all the time... :)

Actually, I know that ;)
Now you had to go and take all the fun out of my previous post :D
(But it's okay, I understand)
Although it would seem I'm a newcomer here, actually I go way back to the original WA Forum where jkd and I bantered back and forth quite a bit. I lost all my seniority when we moved and now I guess I'm just a newbie.. say, how many more do I have to go before I can lose the "newcomer" title?
... oh well.

As I always say, have a GREAT Ariel day!!
http://www.littleariel.com/LittelAriel2.gif

redhead
02-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by wontgetlost
how many more do I have to go before I can lose the "newcomer" title? its 50 these days: http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=9037

jkd
02-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by wontgetlost
before I can lose the "newcomer" title?

Newb! :p

Nice to see you're still kicking around the forums. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum