...

View Full Version : preventing ie infobar



Duffman12
06-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Our software generates an HTML page that can be emailed and such and opened locally on the users computer. When you do this in IE, there's an infobar that says
To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...

Is there a way to prevent this bar from coming up? It seems to appear when there is a <script> tag in the document, which is pretty unavoidable. Are there any workarounds to this?

mrhoo
06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Use firefox, safari or opera instead of IE.
Or don't use scripts in IE that can touch the os-
activeX, prompt, and mailto: hrefs come to mind..

Duffman12
06-23-2008, 08:37 PM
well, yeah... i use firefox. but i can't make the user use firefox...

liorean
06-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Can't guarantee it will work, but one possible solution is to add the Mark of the Web (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537628(VS.85).aspx) to the HTML.

Trinithis
06-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Whenever I test scripts on my own computer in IE, I always get that annoying blocker. How can I disable it (for me only)? I have IE7.

rangana
06-24-2008, 03:33 AM
To permanently disable this information, try to:
1) Click the "Tools".
2) Select "Internet Options"
3) Click the "Advanced" tab
4) Scroll down to the "Security" section and check "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"

Or alternatively, you can add this code right after the doctype:


<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

Duffman12
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
i think <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --> is the best solution because it should work for all users, not just me. I'm having a little trouble getting it to work correctly though. I think there might be a few little nuances that I'm not aware of... I have 1 test file that it works fine with, and another where it doesn't seem to make a difference.

liorean
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
i think <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --> is the best solution because it should work for all users, not just me. I'm having a little trouble getting it to work correctly though. I think there might be a few little nuances that I'm not aware of... I have 1 test file that it works fine with, and another where it doesn't seem to make a difference.Probably related to the following part of that page:
Note The HTML comment must be properly formatted for Internet Explorer to parse the information correctly. Proper format includes inserting a space immediately following the opening delimiter " <!-- " and just before the closing delimiter " --> ". The line must end in CR LF. Some HTML editors only insert a LF.



EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum